Eye Palette Review: Lime Crime Venus Palette

6:31 AM

Today I'm going to be reviewing the Lime Crime Venus palette. It was gifted to me by a friend though I don't boycott the brand, since I believe there is no ethical consumption under capitalism anyways.


I find that the palette is a bit hit and miss; a good number of the shades are buttery and blend like a dream (divine, I'm looking at you, my dream shadow), but some others are a bit chalky and patchy (shell, cough cough). 

Venus is a nice deep matte, cool toned red shade that doesn't quite have the intensity that I was hoping it would. It builds up nicely though.

Shell is nothing that I wanted it to be: its so chalky and dry. The color is beautiful though, a nice light shimmery orange. It can be blended out though, which is a plus. 

Aura is another somewhat chalky shade that blends nicely, surprisingly. 

Creation is such a beautiful shade of matte brown red. It has great color payoff and blendability. 

Icon is a matte dark brown that applies a tiny bit patchy, but not overly so. It blends out nicely. 

Rebirth is a brighter orange with red tones in it. Color payoff is A+ and so is blendability.

Divine is my favorite. Its a beautiful pinky taupey tan shade that blends out like a dream and can be built up nicely. 

And Muse is a nice orangey red. Color payoff is't what I hoped it would be, but its doable. 

Overall the palette is a really good one, I'd say, I'm pleased with it. My only (slight) issue is you can't do that many varying looks with it, but I do love me some reds and oranges, so I'm not complaining. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments