My Pale HG List

10:05 AM

So like I've said before, and you know if you're pale, products that work on the majority of people can sometimes looks jarring on our skin. I've put together a little HG list of products I think are a must have for someone with skin like mine!

First is definitely the Nyx HD Concealer in Lavender. I've never been able to find a concealer light enough for my under eye area, be it drugstore or high end. That is, until I picked up this baby on a whim. I was like, what could I possibly use lavender for??? but then it hit me. I use this almost every day to conceal my under eye area, down the bridge of my nose, middle of my forehead, and my chin. My only problem with it is that if I set it with powder it becomes cakey, but otherwise its perfect.

Next is Physician's Formula Translucent Color Correcting setting powder. I don't use this as often anymore, since I don't like to set my foundations that often, but when I did I used this every day. Something about color correcting translucent powders when you swirl them together, they make the most beautiful almost white shade. I've always had a problem finding powders that have a slight amount of color but aren't too dark, and tada finally found it.

I've mentioned this next product before in my Nyx Lip Products post, but I think its worth mentioning again. The Nyx Lingerie Lippie in Corset is my favorite non pink non beige non anything nude. Its a very cool toned nude that almost gives you the slightly dead look, but in a good way. I've never found a true nude that wasn't too pink or too orange or what have you until this product came along.

Now we have a three in one product that is perfect for pale skin! Its the Maybelline Facestudio Master Contour palette in light to medium. The contour shade is beautiful, it looks a little warm in the pan but perfectly cool on the face (this coming from someone who couldn't use Nyx Taupe to contour as it came out straight up orange on me). The blush is also to die for. Its a lovely neutral soft pink color that gives you a perfect flush without being like HEY I'M WEARING BLUSH. And the highlight, which I thought I wasn't going to like, has become a staple for me. I reviewed it in my Highlighter post. This whole palette is so usable and I wear it literally every day for work.

Now another lip product is Lorac Alter Ego Lipstick in Duchess. On their website they call it a rosy nude, but I wouldn't necessarily consider it a nude, and if I did its a very pigmented nude. Still, its very neutral and can go very nicely with soft eyes and a light face, without overpowering it and drawing too much attention to the lips; which is something a lot of  "nudes" do on pale skin.

And those are my pale HG products!

You Might Also Like

0 comments