Stinkbug Naturals All Natural Deodorant in Lavender Review

9:01 PM

My hunt for deodorant led me to the Stinkbug Naturals All Natural Deodorant in the scent Lavender. I've basically accepted that in order to find a natural deodorant that works, I  just have to try as many as I can (my wallet is sad though).

I think I got it for around $4 at Marshalls, but on the brand's website is goes for $7.99. Its got all the typical claims of keeping you smelling good and all that, but this one contains coconut oil, which I hadn't seen before. Coconut oil is a natural anti fungal and anti bacterial so I figured it was worth a shot.

After applying it feels a bit strange and there's really only one way I can describe it. If you have ever applied coconut oil to anything with your hands, and then tried to rinse them off, you understand the feeling I'm trying to describe. Obviously this is due to the deodorant containing coconut oil. Its not sticky or unpleasant, just...coconut oily, I guess.

As I always do for deodorant reviews, I applied it at night, then again in the morning when testing; sometimes reapplying throughout the day when needed.

By the time I was ready to sleep (3 or 4 hours after application with little sweating since I was just laying in bed), it seemed to be lasting pretty well. I didn't smell bad at all, though the initial scent had faded a bit. In the morning I didn't smell all that great, but that's not unusual for me, so I wasn't too discouraged.

Its seems that on a typical day this will last 3 to 5 hours, 5 is pushing it. If its an extra sweaty day or a shift at work this probably isn't going to last more than an hour. Not to mention when you sweat, the sweat mixed with this scent is not really all that pleasant. Like it doesn't smell bad necessarily, but its not what I want to smell like on a day to day basis. And once that goes away you just smell plain bad.

Overall I give this a 2/10. Its lasting power is shit and the initial smell isn't even that nice. Also, due to the coconut oil its pretty hard to completely get off of your pits, which is annoying.

You Might Also Like

0 comments