My Collection: Nyx Lip Products

1:17 PM

So I decided to start a little series titled My Collection. In this series I'll be categorizing my collection by brand and product type, and reviewing specific products of that specific brand. First up is one of my favorite brands: Nyx! Swatches included :-)

Sydney
Stockholm
Cannes
Dubai

First I'll be starting with lip products. Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Sydney is a cool toned pink lip cream that dried to a semi matte to completely matte finish. It applies very evenly and dries down completely matte if a thin layer is applied, semi matte if a thicker layer is applied. Its a perfect Spring time pink!

Moving onto another SMLC we have the color Stockholm. This is a peachy beige pink. Its not all that flattering on my cool, pale skin, to be honest, but sometimes I can make it work. It applies like a dream and dries down completely matte if applied in a thin layer, like Sydney.

Still in the SMLCs there's Cannes, an orangey mauve. Again, not the most flattering on me, but doable. It applies the same as the other too.

The final SMCL is Dubai, a medium cool brown. It applies slightly patchy, but other than that its the same as the others.

Embellishment
Corset
Beauty Mark
Honeymoon

Now moving to the Lip Lingeries. The first one I have is Embellishment. It is a cool brownish purple with a matte finish, as they all are matte. Its a lovely tone that looks flattering on such a wide range of skin colors. It can be a little drying and emphasize lines on the lips, and its prone to getting the inner lip line if you don't stay extremely hydrated, and applies slightly patchy, but only very slightly. Overall I really do like it.

Then there's Corset, my perfect, corpsey looking nude. Finding a nude for pale skin can be a struggle, but I sure found it in this shade. It is the same as Embellishment as far as wear and looks. It does not apply patchy.

Next is Beauty Mark, which is a deep chocolately brown that applies slightly patchy. Wear time is good, but again, be aware of the dreaded inner line on the lips.

Last is Honeymoon which is a grey beigey brown. I really am a fan of this color, however a lot of people aren't when I wear it as it has a weird almost greenish tone to it? It looks kinda swampy and I dig it. Inner line will happen with this one as well.

Risque
Cold Hearted
Wrath

Now we have the Wicked Lippies. These lipsticks do not dry matte, but have a metallic finish that will smudge very easily. First is Riqsue which is a metallic greeny teal color. I used to have my hair that color and would get tons compliments on matching when I wore it. Its a really cool color but wear time isn't great.

Then theres Cold Hearted, a metallic grey with silver. It wears the same as Risque.

Lastly there's Wrath, the perfect autumn coppery orange. I LOVE this shade in autumn I just feel like it suits the weather so well. It wears the same as the other two, but smudges less than Risque.

Minx
Honeymoon
Now we have the Matte Lipsticks, a personal favorite of mine. First up is Minx, a grey taupe. Its a very dirty shade which I absolutely love. Dries matte but not smudge or kiss proof, wear time is unusually long for a bullet lipstick.

And then Honeymoon which is a mauvey pink. It wears the same as Minx.

Sway
Soft Spoken
Stone Fox
Tea And Cookies

Then we have the Suede Liquid Lippies, another favorite of mine. The color payoff is great! Sway is a really pretty lavender color. Theses don't dry completely matte, but that way they aren't drying at all.

Soft Spoken is a reddish mauve. I love love love this shade. They all wear the same.

Stone Fox is A grey blue which smudges super easily. Its also hard to apply with crisp lines.

Tea and Cookies is a tea rose pink, appropriately. Its a perfect Spring time pink lip color.

Peaches and Cream
Meringue
Strawberry Parfait
Sugar Cookie
Finally we have the Butter Glosses. These are the second best glosses I've tried, only next in line because the Bareminerals Marvelous Moxie Buttercreams take the cake. Peaches and Cream is a pinky coral. It applies semi opaue and lasts for a long time.

Meringue is a pink lilac that wears and applies the same as Peaches and Cream.

Strawberry parfait is a bright pink that also applies and wears the same.

And Sugar Cookie is a bright fuchsia that wears and applies the same.


And whew, thats it for Nyx lip products! Hope this was helpful to someone and you guys enjoyed it :-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments