Foundation Review: Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo Foundation in 42

2:41 PM

Today I'll be reviewing a foundation that I have a love hate relationship with. The Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo foundation in 42 is a cool toned fair, full coverage foundation that is ever so slightly too dark on me.

This foundation retails for $35 at Sephora. Not crazy pricey but definitely not cheap either.

I wore this foundation for 9 hours with the Saem Pore Porefecting primer underneath and the Loreal setting spray on top, since I wear this combo almost every day.



The coverage is very heavy and full, definitely giving you the "I'm wearing makeup" look, just like the Remarcable foundation. This too looks a bit cakey, but not if you moisturize a ton beforehand. It settles into my fine lines and around my nose, sadly. It has a matte finish, which I'm not a fan of.




After 3 hours, it looks okay. It has oxidized a bit to be darker than my skintone (which it already was to begin with). So the wear time isn't anything great, but its not horrible.

Overall I would give it a 5/10 because it is a very light shade which almost matches and does give good coverage. But its so cakey and unnatural looking I don't find myself reaching for it often.

You Might Also Like

0 comments