My Skincare Routine

11:22 AM

I want to talk about skincare for a bit. I love love love skincare. I wasn't really into it until about a year ago, but now, I'm into it. And I think everyone should be! Personally, I'm into Korean and Japanese skincare, but to each their own. I'm going to give you a run down of each product I use with a short description/review of it!

AM Routine


  1. Toner: In the morning I don't cleanse, as it tends to dry my skin. Instead I use a toner and wipe away any dirt and oil from the night. For this I currently use The Face Shop Blanclouding Toner. I pump some foam out onto a cotton pad and wipe away! I find this product effectively removes all dirt and oil, I feel refreshed after I use it.
  2. Hydrating Toner: This toner step is used as a first layer of hydration. I use Hada Labo Gokujyun Toner, which I find provides a perfect light amount of moisture. It doesn't leave me feel sticky or anything like that, either.
  3. Moisturizer: For this second step of moisture, I switch between The Face Shop Chia Seed lotion and Innisfree Green Tea lotion. I like the chia seed one better, as I think it provides better moisture, but I do like the consistency of the green tea one better, as its more milky. 
  4. Sunscreen: This step is SO IMPORTANT. We don't think about it, but we get sun exposure nearly every day, and we need to be protecting ourselves! I use Biore Watery Essence for this. I love this sunscreen. It Japanese, so cosmetically its so much nicer than Western sunscreens. It has a milky consistency that sinks into the skin after the twenty minutes youre supposed to wait before applying anything else. It also smells really nice!
And thats it for the morning! Now onto my night routine

PM Routine

  1. First Cleanser: This is the oil cleansing step to take off makeup. I use It's Skin Green Tea cleaning oil and I love it! It doesn't leave any oily residue after you wash it off and leaves skin very soft while still removing all makeup.
  2. Second Cleanser: This is the foaming cleanser step. My current product for this is the Hada Labo Gokujyun Foaming face wash. It removes any remaining oil and dirst and leaves skin feeling supple. 
  3. Chemical Exfoliant (BHA): I use the Corsx BHA Liquid in order to cleanse pores and help with blackhead and acne. I find that if I use this daily, my acne is none existent to just barely there. Its not too harsh on the skin either.
  4. Hydrating Toner: Again I use the Hada Labo Gokujyun lotion,
  5. Moisturizer: Again the The Face Shop Chia Seed or Innisfree Green Tea lotion.
  6. Cream: This is the occlusive layer that locks everything in place. For this I switch between Corsx Honey Ceramide Full Moisture cream and The Face Shop Rice Bright cream. I like the honey one for when its drier out, since it is a heavier cream that deos leave a layer on the face. The other sinks right in. 
And that's it! Every once in awhile I do use a sheet mask or clay mask, but they vary. I encourage everyone to look into finding their own skincare routine! :-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments