Let's Talk Highlighters

8:59 AM

Today I'm going to be talking about my absolute favorite makeup product: highlighters. I'll admit I have a slight obsession with highlighting, I just love to glow. I have 8 highlighter's I'm going to be swatching and reviewing today.

Loreal True Match Ice
Physician's Formula Glow Pearls
Essence Snowflake
Benefit High Beam
Etude House Secret Beam
Maybelline Contour palette
Bh Cosmetics
Nyx Illuminating Base


I'll start with Loreal True Match Highlighter in Ice. I like this highlighter but its only okay. Its a tad too sparkly for my taste. It wears well though, lasts all day and goes on smooth. It does stick to any dry patches or bumps though.

Physician's Formula Glow Pearls in Translucent are a nice highlight. They can be built up to pretty intense, and last throughout the day.

Essence Snowflake eye shadow technically isn't a highlighter but I use it as one. It gives a crazy intense highlight which I love, and lasts throughout the day. It doesn't really accentuate and dry patches or anything either.

Benefit High beam is a nice liquid highlighter. It can be subtle or intense, but if you really want intense its best paired under a powder. It wears off throughout the day as well, and accentuates pores.

Etude house Secret Beam is one of my faves. It suer super intense and lasts all day.

Maybelline Contour palette highlight impressed me. Its a bit golden, which I don't normally like, but it shows up beautifully on my skin. It shines really brightly and lasts throughout the day, whats not to love.

The white shade from the Bh Cosmetics Neutral Eyes palette was a fluke. I bought the palette on a whim at Marshalls, and since then this eye shadow has been one of my favorite really intense highlighters. It does accentuate pores though.

Nyx Illuminating Base isn't techinically a highlighter though I do use it as a base for powders sometimes. It accentuates pores if you don't use a pore filling primer, and isn't much when worn alone.

And that's all I've got to talk about for highlighters!

You Might Also Like

0 comments