Foundation Review: Graftobain HD Cream Foundation in Silk Sprite

9:07 PM

On my journey for the lightest foundations, I came across the Graftobain Foundation in the color Silk Sprite, which is the lightest they sell. Its a theatre makeup like the Mehrn Celebre one, so I was worried about cakey-ness and heaviness.

It retails for $20, but I got a sample of it off of camerareadycosmetics.com for $4 for .07 oz. It claims to be "soft, silky, and gentle for sensitive skin", "light enough for everyday use, but with enough coverage to perform through even the most demanding of circumstances."

I wore this for 9 hours with my the Rimmel Fix&Perfect primer and Loreal setting spray.

The color of Silk Sprite is suuuuper light with cool undertones, aka my skin tone, lmao. I've noticed with theatre makeup, when it says cool it actually is cool, unlike regular foundation (drug store to high end), they seem to think "cool" must mean orange.

Graftobain on right side
full face
As with most cream foundations, this is slightly harder than the average foundation to blend out; nothing undo-able though. It applies pretty thick as theatre makeup has a tendency to do, but if you apply it thinly and use a sponge to blend, it looks fine. Immediately after application it looks okay, but settles into my smile lines and forehead wrinkles. It also clings a bit to dry patches. It also does nothing for my pores, they are very visible.


After 3 hours it looked pretty much the same, weirdly enough the product that had settled into my lines seemed to have disappeared. My nose was looking very textured and dry though, and the product was pilling up on my sebaceous filiments. And again, this foundation was doing nothing for my pores.


I checked in at 9 hours and I was honestly impressed. My face looked pretty much the same as the 3 hour mark, just more oily; but that's typical for me. My nose area was still looking all dry and nasty, but not moreso than earlier. There was maybe slight settling into my smile lines but nothing bad.

Overall I do like this product. I'd give it a 8/10. The color is PERFECT and the finish is decent, I just wish it didn't settle and cling to dry patches.

You Might Also Like

0 comments