Foundation Review: Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12 Hour Primer in Fair

7:10 PM

I've been MIA for a little bit, sorry! I've been a bit busy with the semester ending and what not, but I'm back. Today I have a foundation review on the Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12 Hour Primer in Fair. I guess technically this isn't a foundation, but it can be worn alone as one (which I do). I picked this product up along with the UD Naked Skin foundation (review to come) with my 20% Ulta coupon.

This product retails for $36 for 1 fl oz of product, which is very standard. It is a "multi-tasking 12 hour primer offering lightweight coverage" As listed on the Tarte website it "can be worn alone or under foundation for smoother makeup application and enhanced coverage." I wear it alone, as I tend to prefer light coverage. It does contain spf 30, but be aware when using base products that include sunscreen; the advertised spf is not the spf you will be getting, as you would need to apply way more product in order to get that spf. Other people have explained it in much more detail I'm sure; bottom line is to always wear a regular sunscreen underneath your base makeup.

The product has a very silicone-y feel to it, so it feels very light on the face, as if you are wearing nothing. I use the shade fair, the lightest shade. Since the color is sheer, I think most people could make one of the shades work (unless you have a very deep skintone). It swatches slightly orange on me, but when blended in, is virtually undetectable.


I wore this product over the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer and under the Loreal Setting Spray. I never powder my face, so naturally I didn't for this review. It was worn for 7 and a half  hours. Honestly I always look a mess in these pictures I am so sorry. I am an egg.

Tarte applied on the left side
Immediately after application my skin is evened out, but it looks as if I'm wearing nothing. That does mean that my freckles are showing, as are any blemishes. It does not do a very good job at covering redness, so I would use a green primer beforehand if I had a lot of redness going on.

product applied on whole face
As you can see the fading pimple I have on the left side is not covered by this product. Personally I don't mind, I like a product that looks as if I just naturally have decent skin as opposed to one that makes me look flawless.

finished face
I checked in after 3 hours. The product still looked great. My pores were visible, but they always are. I was slightly more shiny than after application, but the normal shininess I usually am by that time. There was no creasing or settling at all, even around the dry area of the fading pimple..

my glasses rub off literally every foundation so that's not an issue


I checked in again after 7 and a half hours (after I had removed half of the makeup on my forehead, lmao). I didn't manage to get any decent pictures as it was already dark out, but the product looked essentially exactly the same as the 3 hour mark. I was a tad bit more shiny, and there was slight settling around my nose, but that's it.

Overall I give this product a 9/10. I'm really glad I purchased this! Its perfect when I only need a sheer base, and its actually light enough! It wears well throughout the day. I have no complaints. I may try this as a primer under a foundation and if so, will edit this post with how it performs.


You Might Also Like

0 comments