Speed Stick Deodorant in Musk Review

10:09 AM

Aaaaaand we have another deodorant review. After realizing the one I was using every day (Arm&Hammer Essentials, review here) was giving me a weird rash, I was distraught and briefly went back to my trust Secret Clinical Strength, since although this contains aluminum; I know it works. Then I remembered that my boyfriend wears only deodorant (he is allergic to antiperspirants), so I decided to try his deodorant. And that bring us to this review okay now you're caught up!

So the Speed Stick deodorant in the scent Musk retails for about a little less than $2. Can't really argue with that price.

It smells VERY intensely "manly" as you would guess a scent named musk would, but I like it. Its very woodsy if you know what I mean. Its a gel but there's really no stickiness or wetness after application so you don't have to wait to get dressed or anything.

I've been using this pretty regularly for some weeks now; showering at night applying this product and then applying more when I wake up. As always, the wear time and freshness varies on my activities.

I find that when I wake up, after half of the time I smell a little bit and the other half I'm fine. I sweat A LOT in my sleep sometimes so I'm assuming the times I stink are when I had some serious sweating going on. On an "average" day where I go to class/run errands/leave the house for a bit I find this product keeps me smelling nice for roughly five hours. If I'm sitting at home this can be stretched to MAYBE 8 max; and if I'm at work there's a good chance any good smells will be gone in about 3 hours, sometimes less.

So roughly 3-8 hours based on activities and sweat/anxiety levels, I'd say. Not too bad but not perfect either. I definitely feel better bringing this product with me when going out, so I know if I start to smell I can always reapply. I do find that when I start stinking, its not a wafting smell if you know what I mean? You can really only smell it if you stick your face in my armpit, the smell doesn't surround the air around me.

Overall I give this a 5/10. I do use this for when I go to class or when I'm just hanging out with my boyfriend (because let's be real I don't care if I smell around him), but for work or particularly anxiety inducing outings I find myself still using my Secret Clinical Strength as that way I know I don't need to reapply and will still smell fresh by the end of the night. Alas the search continues!

You Might Also Like

0 comments