Lafe's Deodorant Stick in Fresh Aloe & Cedar Review

9:28 PM

So I'm still on the hunt for an aluminum free deodorant that actually lasts and keeps me smelling decent enough to be around. This quest led me to today's product review: Lafe's deodrant stick in the scent Fresh, Aloe & Cedar.

The product retails for around $7, depending on where you get it. Its supposed to give you a "shower fresh feel" and provide you with "anti-bacterial action". On the package it claims to give 24 hour protection, which I'm always skeptical of.

The smell is very "manly", like smells like an Old Spice deodorant or something. But I've always liked those scents (there was a citrus one as well, but I liked this one better). It smells super strong when you first apply it, I wouldn't recommend it if you like to also wear perfume. That being said it fades significantly within the first hour.

Not only does the scent fade, but the power of the product does too. After applying it feels fresh and like its going to keep you smelling/feeling fresh. But that couldn't be farther from the truth. I wish I was exaggerating here, but I started smelling bad within 15/20 minutes of application. I applied when I got up and went on to do my makeup, and by the time I was done, I smelled like I'd been hardcore sweating all day.

I thought maybe I just sweated an unnatural amount while doing my makeup? So I applied some more and went about my day going to class. By the time I got to class (about a 25/30 min drive), I smelled not so great again. Unfortunately I had only brought this deodorant so I just kept reapplying as I was out, and continued to have it stop working within 15-30 minutes.

This product was a huge let down. I can't even imagine what would happen if I wore this on a hot summer day when I was outside a lot. Overall I'd give this a 0/10. What good is a deodorant that stops working before you even leave the house?

You Might Also Like

0 comments