Anastasia Beverly Hills Moonchild Glow Kit review

1:23 PM

So after lusting over the Anastasia Beverley Hills Moonchild Glowkit until I had the funds for it, I finally purchased it! It retails for $40 on their website, free shipping- no complaints here. I had seen sooo many beautiful, pigmented swatches of this palette so I was pretty excited.

Sadly, when my palette arrived, one of the shades was cracked. But, ABH customer service to the rescue! I emailed them with my issue, and in the span of three emails a new palette was being sent my way. I seriously can't rave enough about this customer service, they replied within ten minutes of my first email, and less than 24 hours after my second email.

So like I said this product is $40 for .15 oz per pan of product. I'm no mathematician so I'm not even going to attempt to break down the cost and do price comparisons. But to my untrained eye it seems like a good deal, lmao.

I'm gonna go ahead and skip finger swatches because there's a million of those online and also its hard to get the accurate swatches on my skin tone.

Now I'm a sucker for crazy intense (blinding) highlight, so this palette was right up my alley. The other reason I was so drawn to this was the shades, obvious there are very little highlighters on the market right now in shades like these (save for Jeffrey Stars', but let's not get me started on that vile piece of trash); you typically see a gold, champagne, or peach highlighter in the mainstream beauty market. As you know I have very cool toned skin and anything golden looks like shit on me, so finding a highlighter is not always the easiest as I tend to be partial towards pure white shades (think Becca Pearl). I only have one highlighter in my collection of an ~unusual~ color (The Face Shop Pink Powder Flash Beam).

So moving on to face swatches and my thoughts on each individual shade.

Blue Ice is the most seemingly "normal" shade in this palette, described on the website as being a "diamond white with an icy blue reflect". This shade when applied is so versatile. I thought it would just be another white highlighter, but no; its got these blue and almost purple and pink reflects to it that give the most otherwordly glow.

blurry but you get the idea, I was having a hell of a time photographing this one

I was really interested in Star, which is a "moonstone fusion of mint, platinum, and silver". To me it just looks silver, not saying that that's a bad thing! Paired with a grey/silver eye and cool toned blush, this shade is killer. It reminds me of like....robots...in a good way.


Purple Horseshoe probably looks the most intimidating in the pan, like that shit. is. purple. ABH calls it a "glittering lavender with arctic blue reflect". The blue reflects definitely show more in the pan than on the face, but if you look closely and/or hit the right like you can notice them. This one paired with Urban Decay's Bittersweet Afterglow blush? Forget it. Perfection.


Pink Heart was not that exciting for me since I already have a pink highlighter, but I was surprised by how much I like it. It comes off a different pink shade than the one I have, so I know I'll be getting my use out of it. "Pearl white with a pink opal reflect" fits it perfectly; it definitely reminds me of opals.


Lucky Clover was the shade I was least excited about, described as a "shamrock infused gold with canary yellow reflects". Literally none of that sounds like it is going to flatter my skin. But when I finally tested it out, I was pleasantly surprised by it. I paired it with Benefit's Coralista and got a really nice, summery cheek. The gold didn't seem to clash with my skin tone!



I really enjoy Blue Moon. First of that's one of my favorite ice cream flavors, secondly the "frozen blue with silver reflect" just pairs so well with my cool skin. Its not overwhelmingly blue blue, you know? Its toned down enough to look wearable (obviously not natural), yet ethereal.


So overall this palette didn't disappoint in any way, and it definitely lived up to my expectations of it. I can't rave about it enough and have nothing negative to say. 10/10.

You Might Also Like

0 comments