Concealer Review: Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Concealer in y21

4:07 PM

Until recently I never really used concealer. You can see from a few of my posts that I would use the Nyx HD Concealer in Lavender to highlight my undereye area as is popular these days; but I could never find a real skin tone concealer light enough. Like I said its very popular these days to highlight with concealer, so most brands are coming out with very pale concealers, as you need to highlight with one that is one to two shades lighter than you.

With that being said I now have some options when it comes to skin toned concealers. Keep in mind all my concealer reviews will be based on using them on my undereye area, NOT to cover blemishes. I'm just too lazy to conceal any acne that I have.

My first concealer review will be on the MUFE Ultra HD Concealer in the shade y21. I had always glossed over MUFE's concealers although I don't know why, considering their Ultra HD foundation is one of the closest matches to my skin to date.

It retails for $27 for .23 fl oz of product, although the packaging makes it appear you are getting less product, its actually pretty standard. It claims to "cover dark circles, unify the eye contour and hide signs of fatigue, leaving a smooth luminous flawless finish". That all sounds nice and dandy to me. The color system in MUFE's products (as far as I can tell) is when the number is preceded by an R its red or pink toned and when its a Y its yellow toned. (why a bigass brand like MUFE doesn't have neutral undertoned products is something I have yet to figure out)



It lives up to its claims! I think thats due to not over-stating anything that a concealer can't do. They left the claims very simple and sweet and easy to live up to. As far as the color...MUFE's undertones are weird on me. Their yellow toned products run lighter than their pink toned ones, so I usually opt for those, especially since their pink toned products run really orange. Basically I just disregard whatever undertone they put on their products and look for the lightest one, which happened to be y21. It honestly seems pretty neutral on my skin, maybe slightly yellow, but nothing noticeable.

concealer is applied to the right eye only
I wore this product over my MUFE HD foundation and set my face with my Wet n Wild setting spray. I don't ever set my undereye concealer with powder the way most everyone does. I find that no matter the product, a powder always makes my undereyes cakey and ages me.
this eye has concealer

this one has no concealer
Immediately after applying this concealer, it begins to crease into my lines. That's the only negative though, it definitely gives me plenty of coverage and doesn't look cakey. Like I said the shade looks good, not extremely brightening as its about the same color as my skin, but it never claimed to be brightening so I can't really complain, I guess.

Full face with both eyes concealed 
after finishing the rest of my makeup

showing how it settles into my line
I think this concealer looks great. My eye folds are so that when I'm not pulling my eye taut, you can't even see the conceal caked into them. Gives plenty of coverage (I don't need much) and looks very natural.

After 6ish hours I still looked great. There was slight caking near the corner of my eye, but honestly that could be due to my inner corner highlight (you can't even see the caking in the pictures so). There's no creasing and it hasn't faded.


Overall I'd give this concealer a 9/10. I really only have the one complaint of it settling into my eye fold, but like I said that inevitable. If I wear this with a more pink toned foundation, the yellow tone of the concealer is more noticeable. So if MUFE made neutral toned products and had this in a slightly less yellow tone, I'd definitely give it 10/10.

You Might Also Like

0 comments