Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp & Haitian Vetiver with Neem Oil Deodorant Review

7:26 PM

My next natural deodorant review is on the Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp & Haitian Vetiver with Neem oil. I found it at my local The Vitamin Shoppe (along with some other brands I hadn't seen elsewhere, that I plan to purchase in the future). It seemed to get decent ratings as far as natural deodorants go so I decided to give it a shot. Its also a black owned business which am I always definitely about!

It retails for around $8.99, which is pretty standard for these kind of, less mainstream natural deodorants. I wasn't too worried about the price since I was already paying like 8 bucks for my clinical strength deodorant anyways.

The smell is nice. Its like...very hard to pinpoint? Smells similar to other hemp products I have smelled but also different. Its a fresh scent but not like the Arm & Hammer one at all.

As always I showered at night, applied this product, then applied more in the morning for entirety of the trial.

From my trial period I can say this deodorant is...not the best. It fades within 3-4 hours WITHOUT any heavy sweating. And if there was heavy sweating involved (I wore this on a day i went to school to work on a group project- aka I had some decent anxiety going on), forget it, wet pits and not a pleasent smell within the hour honestly. Not only does it not last, but it leaves your pits feeling so weird. Almost damp and sticky after you apply it and for the entire day- not pleasant. It also gave me a slight rash, for lack of a better word. It didn't itch or anything but my armpits were clearly slightly red/dark when I used this. Forget about doing any outdoor activities because this isn't going to last through even a second of that.

Even wearing this on a relaxed day with my boyfriend or just sitting at home, it faded in a few hours and left me stinky. Stinky and sticky. No thank you. I found that when applying it after my shower, by the time I was ready to sleep (about 4 hours or so) I already smelled. And all I would in between applying and sleeping was lay in bed on my computer, so that says a lot.

The only way I've been able to wear this is layered with another deodorant (usually the Arm & Hammer which I previously reviewed). Alone? This product gets a 1/10 from me, honestly. I give it one point because I do enjoy the scent.



You Might Also Like

0 comments