Skincare Review: It's Skin Green Tea Calming Cleansing Oil

8:05 PM

Its been awhile since I did a skincare review, so here we are! Today I'll be reviewing my absolute favorite cleansing oil: It's Skin Green Tea Calming cleansing oil. For those of you who don't know what a cleansing oil is here's a little run down. Cleansing oil is used in the same way a makeup remover wipe would be, that is, to remove the makeup and dirt and grime BEFORE cleansing the face. They are generally very hydrating. After using one, you then go in with a cleansing foam/cream/gel to wash your face/the rest of the oil off.

Cleansing oil is the only form of makeup remover I use. Some people prefer to remove their makeup with wipes or liquid makeup remover first, but let's be honest, I'm lazy. So when it comes to a cleansing oil I'm looking for something that will get everything off.

This product retails for $9.75 on Amazon, which is not actually where I bought it. I bought it off my favorite Korean cosmetics store, Jolse.com. But as of right now, the cleansing oil is no longer listed on that website.

The scent is a very light green tea smell. It doesn't linger or perfume your skin.

Most days I wear sunscreen+a full face of makeup (including primer, foundation, concealer, contour, blush, highlight, eye primer, eye shadow, mascara, brows, and lipstick) so I've got quite a bit to take off at the end of the day. I usually squirt about half a pump to a pump out (depending on how much makeup I've got on) and apply to my face, massaging it around in circular motions. I'll take it over my eyes and rub them around, then wipe them off with toilet paper or a cotton round.

This amount takes off my face makeup entirely, and like 95% of eye makeup. If I let it sit on my eyes it takes off 100%. Then I do one of two things: rinse my face or wipe it. Sometimes if I'm lazy or its really late I'll leave it at that and go to sleep (I know, I know, its terrible), BUT that means this doesn't leave enough of a residue for me to feel it.

Overall I'd give this product a 10/10. I really love the scent and the job it does. I honestly have no complaints!

You Might Also Like

0 comments