Concealer Review: Kat Von D Lock It Concealer Creme in L1

1:14 PM

Next up on my concealer reviews is the Kat Von D Lock It Concealer Creme. What a mouth full. I will be using the lightest shade aside from the white, which is L1. I was so excited when these came out as the Kat Von D foundation in 42 is an almost match for me. Being as how the current trend is to highlight with concealer, I was fairly sure there would be an extremely pale one, and there sure is.

It retails for $26 on Sephora and you get .22 fl oz, which is pretty standard. It claims to be a "rich, creamy concealer with 24 hour wear and instant full coverage". On the Kat Von D website they say it has been infused with "utra moisturizing hydra boost complex"- whatever that is lmao.

Shade wise Sephora calls it a "fair honeysuckle with neutral undertones" which I definitely agree with. It doesn't lean yellow as so many "neutral" products do on my skin (all Cover Fx products I'm looking at you). I agree with the claim of full coverage as well, although it can be sheered out to light-medium if you want (usually what I do).



I wore this over the theBalm tinted moisturizer (review coming) and set my face with my Loreal setting spray. It was worn for 8 hours. I never, ever powder my undereyes even though that's like a thing you're supposed to do. I find that it always cakes the concealer up, rubs it off in places (especially where my glasses touch), and just overall ages me. So I just completely skip powdering- keep that in mind.

concealer on right side only

both undereyes concealed
Immediately after application I like this product a lot. Its so fucking pale. Like if Kat Von D would make a foundation in this shade (and in like light/medium coverage), I'd be all over it. Its so creamy and blends out really easily. Also there's no immediate creasing, so that's a plus. As you can see it does have a brightening effect.

full face done
I checked in after 4 hours. My entire face was looking a but more oily than usual, as was my undereye area. Nothing terrible though, as you can see. Other than looking a little oily, it hasn't creased or settled.



I didn't manage to get any pictures at the 8 hour mark, but to be honest it looked pretty much the same, but a bit more oily. It still had not creased at all or settled into any lines.

Overall I'd give this a 10/10. There's nothing I don't like about this product and I plan to purchase the full size.


You Might Also Like

0 comments