Schmidt's Naturals Deodorant Jar in Lavender + Sage Review

6:09 PM

After the success I had with the stick version of this deodorant in lime and bergamot (review here), when I saw the jar version in Marshalls I had to try it! I had been thinking about purchasing the jar off their site anyways, so I was overjoyed to find it discounted.

It retails for $8.99. Just as the stick version, its said to "neutralize odors, reduce wetness without the use of aluminum, and absorb easily" among a few other things. It is naturally scented, cruelty free, gluten free, and vegan.

As always, when testing this product I applied it after my nightly shower, and then again in the morning and/or washed my pits if need be in the morning then reapplied.

If you are not used to deodorant in a jar, the initial application can be a bit tricky. They provide a little spatula to scoop out product, but I actually prefer to just use clean fingers. It is very stiff just like the stick, so I like to scoop up some product, hold it against my armpit for a few seconds, then spread it out. If you rub it in too much you may start to notice a gritty texture due to the baking soda.

The smell is the normal lavender and you can actually smell the herby sage. I usually find that products like lavender + an herb you can only smell the lavender, but that's not the case with this one. Its not overpowering at all in the way the lime + bergamot stick is.

Five hours after application, as well as in the morning (after a night of heavy sweating) I still smelled good. At night I could still smell the product, but in the morning I could only faintly smell it. This products lasts me throughout a chill day, a school day, or a work day. If I did intense sweating at work, I may smell a tiny itty bit off at the end of the shift, but nothing anyone would notice. Again I am blown away by this product, props to Schmidt's!

Overall this gets a 10/10 from me! I think I prefer this product to the lime + bergmot stick actually. I am interested in maybe trying to lime + bergamot jar. I did try a few other scents in the stick (cedarwood + juniper and ylang ylang + calendula), but I was not a fan of those scents and I did not think they performed as well. I would be willing to try their sensitive stick varieties, as well as the rose + vanilla scent, though, in any form. This is the deodorant I use every single day.

There is one slight downside to the Schmidt deodorants that I have noticed. It seems like if I do not make sure to wash out my pits every night, I get little red bumps that can be painful alllll over my pits. I'm sure this is related to these products, as it never happened before, but I am not sure if the not washing thing is the culprit. I usually stop using the product for a day or so and they go away. It has only happened a handful of times so I'm not sure what exactly about the deodorant is causing it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments