My Hair Transformation

6:38 PM

And today's installment of "A Post That No One Cares About" is how my hair has transformed throughout the last couple of years. As someone who grew up never wanting to dye their hair, I sort of just...went all in out of nowhere and I thought that even if no one wanted to see this, it'd be interesting for me to see it compiled. There's going to be ugly pictures so like, you can laugh at those I guess. (sorry for difference in picture size and quality, I'm just using what I could find).

Okay so here's a picture of me in 2011. This is my natural hair color and how I wore my hair every single day: straightened. If I'm being honest with you, I don't even know what my natural hair texture was at this point.


And here's a picture from 2012 showing my natural color and texture! I gave up straightening once I got halfway through my freshman year of highschool. I was basically just growing my hair and letting it do its thing.


In 2013 I made my first mistake. I wanted a subtle hair color change, so I went with "lowlights". I knew nothing about undertones or what colors flattered me so I just let my hairdressor basically tell me what she thought would look okay. Clearly she didn't really know about undertones or flattering colors either.


Once my hair returned to its normal color summer 2014 I was bored. I was going through some shit and did this monstrosity to me hair. At the time I loved it, but let's be real...


Once that faded I had some cool blonde streaks that I was into. My hair texture was really nice at this point, I want it back!


Buttttttt I was itching for more color so I said fuck it.


This was super cool and all but faded into a murky mess of light brown and green and just...it was not a good look, but I kind of made it work.


All previously dyeing had been done at a salon. The first time at a rando place I went to, the teal was done at a Paul Mitchell salon. My friend was in beauty school and needed hair to practice on, so I said okay sure, I needed fresh dye anyways. I also let her give me an undercut and bleach it.


Again that faded into some ugly ass shit.


I was over the teal situation by 2015 and turned into a wildberry poptart looking bitch.


I originally was going to go for a lavender, but my hair person convinced me to go darker, as it would fade into the shade I wanted. It was...intense.


It never quite faded into the exact shade I wanted to be honest.


My hair was pretty faded by the end of 2015 so I was looking to switch it up. Decided I wanted the super trendy white/silver/grey hair. It only took one salon visit, but I was still kind of at an ashy blonde.



Purple shampoo saved my life and made my dreams come true. This was early 2016.


Being the stupid bitch that I am, I said "fuck the hair you've been growing for five years!" The lob was kinda cute at first I guess.


But then near the end of 2016 it grew out into a really weird shape so I got the downsloping angle cut out of it, thus sacrificing length.


I decided I wanted to grow my hair out again (I hate myself) so at the start of 2017 I was just chilling with what I got.


I chilled with it for a bit, preferred straightening it at this time (full circle anyone). But then...


This happened :-) I love it so much and am going to keep it this way for awhile.




You Might Also Like

0 comments