Highlighter Review: Etude House Secret Beam Highlighter

10:05 AM

Time to review one of my all time favorite products in my all time favorite category of makeup: highlighters. Obviously that would be the Etude House Secret Beam highlighter! I bought this on a whim when hauling some skincare from Jolse.com because mama can't say no to a highlighter.

It retails for $7.44 on Jolse for 1.6 oz. To put that in perspective, the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector comes in 1.7 oz for around $40. Just let that sink in. (and for a more accurate comparison, a drugstore highlighter of similar price, the Nyx Duochromatic Highlighters are $7.99 for .21 oz).

Now, I wasn't really expecting much when I purchased this. Strobing/highlighting/whatever term you want to use-ing is EXTREMELY popular in the Western world, but in Korea, its not as much of a focus. They tend to like glowy skin overall, and prefer highlighters that are a cream/liquid that give a more natural, lit from within look. So I expected this product to give a nice subtle glow, and not be super intense.


Damn was I ever wrong. Etude House really came through with this one. Swatches honestly don't look like much, but applied to the face? LORD the glow is too strong. Like, this highlighter was made for me; if anyone knows me they know how much I LOVE an intense highlight.


There's absolutely no glitter in this, praise. Only downside is it does slightly emphasize pores/texture, but I'm willing to work with that. It literally fades maybe a teeny tiny but throughout the day, but nothing very noticeable. Like, I've napped while wearing this and I sleep on my stomach with my cheek pressed into the pillow; and I'm telling you- minimum fading.


Overall this product blew me out of the water, honestly. 10/10 absolutely. I've never run out of a highlighter but if I ever do, I'll be repurchasing asap.

You Might Also Like

0 comments