Concealer Review: Nyx HD Concealer in Alabaster

10:27 AM

This is the counterpart purchase to the Nyx Dose of Dew Face Gloss for the bogo 50% sale Nyx was having at Ulta! I had swatched their previous lightest shade before and it was wayyyyy too dark. So when I saw that they came out with a lighter shade I was hype.

It retails for $4.99 for .11 oz; for comparison the Maybelline Age Rewind is $8.99 for .2 oz. It is supposed to give medium to heavy coverage. The shade Alabaster is described by Nyx as "alabaster with neutral undertones". I definitely would consider this a case of a supposed "neutral" product leaning slightly yellow, but its not terribly yellow so its doable.


Applying it under my eyes I was initially worried as it looks too dark, but it blends out really nicely and actually does provide a brightening effect. I did not powder my undereyes and my entire face was set with the elf setting spray. I wore my makeup for  hours.

concealer applied to left undereye only
concealer applied to both undereyes
full face done
Right after application there was no settling and my undereyes looked nice and hydrated. I think I slightly rubbed at the corner of my eye which caused some weirdness that you can see in the second picture.



After 5 hours my undereyes looked really good. No creasing or dryness whatsoever.


I checked in again at the 8 hour mark. My undereyes looked pretty much exactly the same as they did at the first check in. No creasing, no settling, no patchiness, and no dry areas. This performs just like the Lavender shade and I'm pleased with it.

Overall this gets a 9/10 just for being a bit yellow when it's supposed to be neutral toned. If it was truly neutral it'd be a 10/10 for sure. I plan on using this just as often as I use the Lavender version!

You Might Also Like

0 comments