Nyx Plush Gel Lipstick in Nude Beach and Dime Piece Reviews

6:00 AM

Recently, as an Ulta Platinum member I received 40% off Nyx lip products. Nyx has some of my favorite drugstore lip products so of course I couldn't let this pass. I ended up getting some formulas I knew I liked (butter glosses) and some new ones, such as this.

These retail for $6.99. The Plush gel line is relatively small, mostly pinks and orange tones. Its supposed to "bring together an oh-so-soft-feel and high shine of a lip gloss." I actually really wish this line had more shades.

Nude Beach is a perfect not too pink, not too orange nude for my skintone; Dime Piece is a light pinky shade. Then pigmentation of these is spot on, you get full, opaque coverage with one swipe of the product. They give a really shiny finish.


The one thing I absolutely CAN NOT stand about this product is the smell and the taste. They smell extremely chemically, and taste even worse. Even if you think you have not gotten any product in your mouth, I guarantee you'll still taste it. The first time I applied these, I was actually so turned off from the smell I was going to return them. That being said, the intense-ness of the chemical smell seems to have either faded with continued use, or I'm just used to it now. Regardless I don't really even notice the smell/taste anymore.

Nude Beach
Dime Piece
Dime Piece doesn't look quite as nice as Nude Beach does on the lips; it settles into lines a bit and almost sits on top of the lips if you know what I mean? Nothing too extreme though.

Wear time actually impressed me. I can wear these for almost a full work shift (so anywhere from 4-6 hours) without needing to reapply or having them become crusty and gross looking. They do fade somewhat, and the glossiness does wear off within the first hour; they take on a more satin finish after that.

Overall these get an 8/10 from me. If the line had a wider range of shades, and they didn't smell god awful I would genuinely give these a 10/10. Fingers crossed Nyx expands the shades but I' not holding my breathe.

You Might Also Like

0 comments