Foundation Review: Urban Decay Naked Skin in .5

8:35 AM

Today's foundation review is the UD Naked Skin foundation in the shade .5. That shade makes me laugh so much like, I'm not even the first shade I'm half a shade. But the .0, .5, .25, and .75 endings of the shades correspond to undertones actually! .5 are cool, .0 are warm, .25 neutral, and .75 golden. I had swatched this several times before actually asking for a sample of it (news flash, like 90% of the foundations I have and review I only have samples of! I'm cheap as fuck!), since every time it looked too dark. One day though, the Sephora lighting fooled me enough into getting a sample.


When I got out into natural light I was skeptical of the shade, but still willing to try. Since wearing this the first time and realizing it is indeed too dark, I now mix in some Nyx white mixer, but for the sake of this review, I'm going to wear this foundation on its own as to provide an accurate representation of the product itself, and not the product when altered. 

This product retails for $40 for 1 fl oz which is typical. It claims to provide lightweight medium coverage with a demi matte finish. I think the product fullfills these claims perfectly. The shade .5 is a "very fair porcelain shade with subtle pink undertones". Very fair...okay...


For this review I applied this product with my Real Techniques Beauty Complexion sponge (or whatever its called), over the Maybelline Baby Skin primer and with the elf setting spray. I wore it for 8 hours with no touch ups and no powder.

product applied to left side
applied to entire face

full face in different lighting in attempt for better accuracy
When first applied, I am seriously impressed with this product. It dries down to the MOST skin like look I have ever gotten from a foundation. It seriously looks like there is nothing on my face foundation wise (aside from the shade being off). It dries almost instantly, feeling matte to the touch but not giving a flat look at all; just a very natural matte finish. It makes my face so soft oh my god. Doesn't need to be powdered at all. In order to prove how much I love the finish of this, I have since bought the full size product even though it doesn't match me!

After 5 hours my face looked pretty good. There was some texture going on on my chin, but I had applied concealer there so I think that was the culprit.  There wasn't any cakiness or creasing.


After 8 hours my skin looked pretty much the same. There was slight settling into my smile lines, and I was a bit oily. There was no major cakiness or breaking down to speak of.

Overall this gets a 5/10 from me. Its rating would go way way up if they had a shade that actually matched (the pictures don't even show how dark it is tbh). I really don't reach for this often since for day to day wear I would mix in a white mixer and that's just a hassle. I do love the way it wears and sits on my skin though. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments