Skincare Review: Boscia Green Tea Oil Control Mask

9:35 AM

Every time in in Marshalls I check out their skincare, as you can find some sweet AB deals there (or so I've heard, I never find any good ones). On a recent trip I saw this Boscia Green Tea Oil Control Mask, and even though its not strictly AB, I wanted to try it.

It retails for a whopping $34 for only 80g of product (even after one application I realized this is a tiny amount for such a large price tag), BUT I got it for $11, because Marshalls is the MVP. This is a peel off type mask (like 80% of why I caved and bought it) that its obviously for oily skin to help mattify and control oil production. It has 3% Japanese Green Tea that they say reduces inflammation and has anti-bacterial properties, as well as antioxidants. It also contains cucumber which essentially provides the same things as the green tea, and silica powder and burdock root to absorb oil. Basically, they have a lot to say about this product but in short it helps with inflammation and oil.


It has a fresh smell, citrus-y and kind of similar to my Biore Watery Essence. Its an opaque green mask that goes on easy enough. As it dries it starts cooling and tingling pretty intensely, but not uncomfortably. It dries quickly enough in 20-30 minutes and feels a little tight on the face when dry; you don't want to be talking with this on.

Peel off is pretty easy, I got it all in one go, save for a few little bits around my jawline. It didn't hurt pulling off of my peach fuzz and didn't feel like it was ripping my skin off so that's a plus. My skin looks nice after removal, very matte, and my pores look small. It helped my redness a slight bit and made my skin feel very soft. As far as any oil control or whatever I can't speak on that, since I really only do masks at night and never get all that oily by morning anyways. But in the morning I might have felt slightly less oily? Its hard to say.

Overall I like this mask, but absolutely not enough to spend $34 on it. I'd say its about a 6/10, nothing amazing, but not bad either. I really love peel off masks so I'll definitely finish off this tube.

You Might Also Like

0 comments