Highlighter Review: Stila Heaven's Hue Highlighter in Transcendence

8:47 AM

Recently I was in Ulta trying to decide what to get with my 20% and $50 gift card (that I got for Christmas and still hadn't used). I was initially looking at the Stila display for the Magnificent Metals Liquid Shadow, but they didn't have the shade I was interested in. While I was there though, the Heaven's Hue Highlighter caught my attention, and I found myself wandering back to the Stila display and swatching it like 5 times before deciding that I should get it.

It retails for $36 for .35 oz; for reference the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector is $38 for .28 oz and the new Too Faced Love Light Prismatic Highlighter is $30 for .32 oz. They are supposed to be "bouncy to the touch" and "gossamer light", and to give a "natural looking glow."

I'm going to be honest and say the packaging feels extremely cheap. Its so lightweight and really feels like drugstore packaging. When I buy mid range I expect more from a mid range brand, so the packaging is really disappointing to me, but of course not a deal breaker.


The shade Transcendence is opalescent purpley pink shade that looks super purple in pan, but not as much on the face or in swatches (nothing like the purple shade in the ABH Moonchild palette).


This stuff really lives up to claims of being bouncy and super soft like holy shit I just want to swatch this thing all day long. It applies and blends out really easily. It can be built slightly, but you definitely will not be getting a blinding highlight with this product; it is just as it claims, a subtle glow. It wears well on me for 8+ hours with slight fading but nothing extreme.



Overall I give this a 10/10 I really love this for days I want a more subtle glow! I really can't get over how smoothly it applies, it literally doesn't emphasize any texture whatsoever. I really want Stila to come out with more shades of this!


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I've been debating on this highlighter for a bit now. I think I might pick it up. What mascara are you using here? It's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say go for it for sure! :-) I think I was wearing Maybelline Full n Soft on top lashes and Wet n Wild Megalength on bottom

      Delete