Every Man Jack Deodorant in Sandalwood Review

12:10 PM

My search for antiperspirant free deodorant led me to this product, the Every Man Jack Deodorant. For some reason it seems that there are a shit ton more deodorant only deodorants on the market for men, which is really weird in my opinion, but I like "manly" scents so whatever.

It retails for around $4 at Target (its listed as more online but I swear it was like $4 when I bought it in store), but on the Every Man Jack website its listed as $6, regardless its not pricey or anything. Its supposed to give you "long lasting protection" and is made with cotton extract, witch hazel, lichen extract, and sandalwood essential oils.

As usual for the testing of this product I showered at night, applied the product, then either reapplied in the morning, or washed my armpits then applied for the day.

The product goes on like a gel, it doesn't tug or pull on the skin which I find can happen with my Secret Clinical Strength. It feels a bit damp for a minute but dries quickly. The sandalwood scent isn't overpowering and is really pleasant, and not overly "manly". After applying the smell is there, but again not overpowering.

After 4-6 hours after initial application when I was ready to go to bed, I could still completely smell the product, no BO coming through at all. The thing I find odd about this product is that as you wear it and sweat, it takes on an almost sweet scent. Not in a bad way, its just...weird.

By the morning I smelled, so I reapplied and then found this product to last again 4-6 hours before fading. BUT a really weird thing happened. It only lasted around 5 hours with decent sweating the FIRST TIME I wore it (after sleeping while wearing it). Every time I used it after that, it stopped working within 3-4 hours, much less if I was sweating moderately. I honestly don;t even see a point in using it anymore, which really sucks because it was a solid product the first time I wore it.

Overall I give this a 3/10. I was so ready to fall in love with this after it lasted through a work shift, but it just hasn't performed like that again.


You Might Also Like

0 comments