Schmidt's Natural Deodorant Stick in Bergamot + Lime Review

8:05 AM

I picked this product up on a recent Marshalls run, as they seem to always have some random natural deodorant. Every single deodorant I've got from there either didn't work or gave me a rash, so I didn't really have high hopes going into this, but I tried it nonetheless.

The Schmidt's Natural Deodorant in Bergamot + Lime retails for $8.99, but I got it for about half off since I purchased it at Marshalls. I am not sure if you can buy this in-store anywhere else, but you can purchase it off the Schmidt's website or Amazon. Its said to "neutralize odors, reduce wetness without the use of aluminum, and absorb easily" among a few other things. It is naturally scented, cruelty free, gluten free, and vegan.

As usual I showered at night, applied this product, then reapplied in the morning or washed my armpits then applied it in the morning if needed for the duration of the testing process.

The smell is really strong, kind of lemony (duh its lime scented). Its strong in the tube and still very strong when applied, and it doesn't fade significantly; but it does fade enough to not be too strong, if that makes sense.

Its very stiff when you apply it, but that's how its supposed to be (the package recommends holding it to your skin for a minute to warm it up). Its a solid white stick, so it will leave white marks on your clothes. Once you warm it up it glides on and feels very creamy, not sticky or wet at all.

5 hours after initial application I still smelled very strongly of the deodorant felt nice and dry. In the morning, brace yourselves, I still smelled like the deodorant and no BO at all! This is especially note worthy because lately I have had really intense night sweats (I wake up soaked), so this is extremely impressive to me. This is the way I woke up every single day I wore this product to bed, still smelling fresh!

For this review I actually don't have to break down my days between do nothing days and work days because, get this, this shit works no matter what. I've worn it on days I do nothing, days I go to class, days I see my boyfriend, EVEN TO WORK, and I still smell great. Honestly I do notice less dampness as well. In order to give a representation of just how well this stuff works, I applied it one night, didn't reapply in the morning, and still smelled good for the entire day (and that's after a night of intense night sweats!). I'm blown away by this honestly.

Overall this gets a  10/10!!!!!!!!! I think I can stop my deodorant search because I'm pretty sure I've found it. I plan to buy this product in the other scents available, and I'm also interested in trying their cream deodorant in a jar. I really, really hope this continues to work for me!

You Might Also Like

0 comments