Foundation Review: A'pieu Base Maker Bboyan

8:41 AM

Okay so I know this technically isn't a foundation, but I'm using it as one so that's what I'm reviewing it as. I have the cushion version of this product (review here), and was overjoyed when I saw the A'pieu Base Maker Bboyan on Jolse, as I find that the cushion doesn't last me very long/is heavily perfumed.

This retails for about $6 on Jolse. Its supposed to be a base product kind of like a primer, to apply before your foundation. Its supposed to cover your pores and brighten up your complexion. Its scented, but its very, very faint, especially compared to the cushion version.


I applied this over the Maybelline Baby Skin primer and set my face with the elf setting spray. I wore it for 12 hours. Now I haven't done a foundation review in awhile, but I have actually started powdering my face with the Maybelline Fit Me powder. I won't always do this for reviews, as I want to see how the product performs not the powder, but I do know that I will get too oily with this product unless I powder. I know how it performs without the powder, so I will mention is anything (caking, rubbing off, etc) is due to the powder.

It blends out very easily for a white base, although I'm sure this wouldn't be the case on darker skintones. It smooths out my skin and evens any redness that I have. Its got a really natural finish, satin and skinlike. Products like this (white, brightening bases) are pretty popular in Korea, as they tend to like a very fair base. 

applied to left side only
applied to full face
full face done
I checked in after 5 hours. My face looked pretty good, I was a tiny bit oily and there was slight settling. It is holding up better due to the powder, if I had not powdered, I would be more oily than I am at this point.




At the end of the night after 12 hours I didn't look great, but I also didn't look terrible. I was pretty oily, but there didn't really seem to be much creasing or settling. It mostly seemed like the product had kind of...faded off somewhat? I didn't get any pictures that really looked true to life, as it was dark when I got home. My face mostly just looked a little odd, because my concealer was very intact, but like I said, my face didn't really look like it had any foundation on it (which I guess technically it didn't, but you know what I mean). 

Overall this gets a 6/10. I like this product when I'm not going to have a super long day, and my skin is doing pretty good. It gives a really nice and natural finish, but it definitely doesn't do so well when worn for a long time. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments