Concealer Review: Nyx HD Concealer in Lavender

10:21 AM

Back before the "highlighting your undereyes in a concealer one shade lighter" trend blew up, there really weren't that many options for extremely pale concealers. The reason I'm able to find some now, as I mention in one of my other concealer reviews, is that the shades most people use for highlighting, are concealers that match my skin tone.

The Nyx HD Concealer in the shade Lavender was the first concealer I used under my eyes. I didn't really care for concealing blemishes (thank god, since I couldn't find an appropriate concealer to do so), and had never really seen one that I could use under my eyes. That is, until my favorite youtuber Thataylaa mentioned this product.

It retails for $4.99 and you get .11 oz. For reference the cult favorite Maybelline Age Rewind is $8.99 for .2 oz. It is said to give medium to heavy coverage, and to "effectively cover imperfections, discoloration, and under eye circles without ever looking cakey or obvious."


The shade Lavender is perfect to give me the highlighted undereye look, Obviously this won't work on most skintones, but if you're as pale as me, its perfect.

Nyx concealer applied to right undereye

applied to both undereyes


As you can see, the product brightens my undereyes and gives a more awake effect. It does not crease or settle upon application and gives an extremely natural, skin-like finish.

After 5 hours I would say my undereyes were looking good. The concealer had almost melted into my skin to look even more skin-like. No creasing or settling at all.


At the end of the night around 10 hours after initial application, my undereyes were looking okay. They looked a bit worn out, as makeup can tend to look near the end of the day. The concealer had not creased or broken down though. (sorry no pics, I closed at work and forgot to get pictures before washing my face).

Overall this concealer gets a 10/10 from me. I really love how it brightens my undereyes and never creases. I have repurchased this twice and will probably continue to do so. I honestly pick this over my Kat Von D concealer most days.

You Might Also Like

0 comments