Highlighter Review: Wet n Wild Megacushion Highlight

6:40 AM

This Wet n Wild release had me so hype if I'm being honest (let's not even talk about the Spring 2017 holy shit I need all of it). Of course I love cushion products and I love highlights so I was all over this as quickly as I could be.

It retails for $5.99. The color is a pinky champagney whiteish that really doesn't show up in swatches that well. I think its irresponsible of a makeup company to only have one shade of highlighter (I know Wet n Wild has other highlighters, I'm just referring specifically to this cushion highlighter). This color is definitely not going to work on people with anything darker than a light/medium skintone. It doesn't seem very glittery and gives a nice glow that can be built up.


Its easy to get too much product on the puff, so you have to make sure to only press into the cushion ever so slightly. The puff applicator applies the product very well, I especially like getting a tiny bit of product on the edge and swiping it under my brow. 




This sits okay on my skin; I've noticed that if its not catching the light, it can look a bit textured and cakey. But that also depends on the amount you apply. It wears well for 8 hours with minimal fading, and does not get more textured as time passes or anything.

Overall this gets a 7/10 from me. I really like the glow this gives without looking glittery, and since its a liquid product you get that "lit from within" look. The color goes nicely with my skintone, but the way it sits on my skin doesn't thrill me. I most likely would not repurchase this, but will definitely continue to use it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments