Lancome Juicy Shakers in Piece of Cake and Berry in Love Reviews

10:23 AM

I'm going to be honest (how many times can I start a blog post with this phrase), when I first saw the Lancome Juicy Shakers I did not get the reference to cocktail shakers. Being even more honest I had to google "alcohol shaker thing" to even figure out what a cocktail shaker was called right before I wrote this review. I just thought the packaging was cute okay...



The Juicy Shakers retail for $22 for .3 oz. To compare to other lip oils/glosses the Too Faced Lip Injection gloss is $22 for .14, and the ABH glosses are $16 for .16 oz. They've got a million catchy gimmicky claims but to sum it up these are a mixture of oil and pigment that are supposed to be not sticky or oily, and are supposed to moisturize your lips. When left to sit, the pigment seperates from the oil (you can kind of see it in Berry in Love), so you have to shake them and mix them before applying. The coverage is supposed to be a "shot" of color (aka sheer). They've got a really cool little cushion applicator that I'm a fan of.

I have two shades; Berry in Love and Piece of Cake. Berry in Love is a purple berry shade while Piece of Cake is a terracotta nude. These aren't crazy pigmented (they're not supposed to be), but they're also not so sheer that you can't tell you have anything on. I got Piece of Cake in a gift set so it came with a lip liner and I do normally wear it with the liner, but for the sake of this review I'm not using the liner.


The scents vary from each shade, which I think is pretty neat. The smell reflects the name, so Berry in Love smells like berries, while Piece of Cake smells like cake (actually it kinda just smells sweet to me). I'm a fan of gimmicky stuff like that so.

Piece of Cake

Berry in Love
Both apply super easily; the puff applicator gets soaked with product as you shake it to mix it. Since they are semi-sheer, you don't have to be precise with your application, which is a big plus for me.



Wear time isn't super great, they lose their glossiness pretty quickly (within 30 minutes), but thankfully they do leave a stain for about 3 hours max. That being said, I always find myself reapplying before 3 hours, because once the glossiness is gone, they do not feel moisturizing at all. By 3 hours and no reapplication I actually find them somewhat uncomfortable. That being said, it really doesn't bother me to keep reapplying, since I don't need a mirror to do so.

Overall I give these an 8/10. I really like this product; the smells are great as are the colors.  I'm honestly probably going to end up getting more, although I do wish the staying power was better. That being said, Lancome never claimed these were long lasting, so I can't really complain!

You Might Also Like

0 comments