Foundation Review: Tarte Rainforest of the Sea in Porcelain

12:34 PM

I recently went to a mall with a real Sephora in it (I only have a JCP Sephora near me) and let me tell you I was blessed. The Tarte Rainforest of the Sea line is only available at Sephora, but my JCP one doesn't have it. I had heard Tarte came out with a new lightest shade, and lo and behold this Sephora had it, so naturally I had to get a sample; which leads me to this review.

It retails for $39 for 1 fl oz. It is said to be a "lightweight, full coverage hydrating foundation" that lasts 12 hours. It does have a psychical sunscreen with an SPF of 15 in it, but like I've said before base products with SPF are pretty much useless as far as sun coverage.

The shade Porcelain is just said to be for "very fair skin". This made me laugh because almost all of the other shades on the Sephora site and Tarte site have the undertones listed. I guess when you're "very fair" you don't have to worry about undertones, obviously lmao. In my opinion it seems to have a neutral tone to it.


I applied it over the Maybelline Baby Skin primer and set my face with the elf setting spray. I wore it for 8 hours.

applied to left side



It feels really hydrating and a tiny bit gel like, and blends out really easily with my Real Techniques sponge. As you might have realized by now, I go for a more light coverage look, so I only applied one layer of this product. It seems to give me light/medium coverage with one layer; my freckles and pores are peeking through, but my redness is covered and skin is evened. It gives a very skin like finish. I really love how this sits on my skin, and the color is doable!

I checked in 6 hours later, a bit of a later check in, my bad. (I did check my face at four hours in and it looked the same as when I first applied). After 6 hours my face honestly still looked really, really good. My pores were a bit more visible and I was a bit oily, though. The product had not broken down or rubbed off anywhere, and it also wasn't clinging to any dry areas I currently have.




At the 8 hour mark I looked pretty oily, which is usually the case for me. I wasn't expecting any different, seeing as how this is a hydrating foundation it isn't made to control oil. But again, the foundation was holding up 100%, no separating or rubbing off or clinging. There still wasn't any oxidation or anything like that, still was a decent enough color match. Even though I think my face was done at 8 hours, I do believe the 12 hour claim if you don't have oily skin. Like I said the only issue was the oil, the foundation still looked good.

Overall I give this a 10/10, I'm really loving this product! I feel like I haven't been this excited about a foundation since I tried the UD Naked Skin, but this Tarte foundation I can actually wear without mixing in white which is super exciting to me. I really do think I'm going to be buying the full size of this product, that's how much I love it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments