Foundation Review: Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation in 100

11:12 AM

As soon as I saw Rihanna's shade range I knew I was going to have to try out the foundation, like are you serious. Then I saw official swatches where 100 didn't actually look that light and I was slightly put off, but THEN I saw reviews when it came out where it DID look super light so I figured fuck it why not try it.

It retails for $34 for 1.08 fl oz. which is a little more than standard. It claims to be a
soft matte, long wear foundation with buildable, medium to full coverage, in a boundary breaking range of shades." The shade 100 is for "very fair skin with neutral undertones". I also got a sample of 110 which is described as "very fair with cool undertones" which I'll show swatched. On my skin, 100 looks more yellow than neutral.

top is 100 bottom is 110
I applied this with my Real Techniques sponge, primed my skin with my Smashbox Primer Water, and set my face with my elf setting spray. I didn't powder and wore this for 5 hours for this review. On other occasions I have worn this 8+ hours, but I had things to do later this day and you can probably tell why I didn't want to keep it on, lol.

left side applied
full face foundation applied
It goes on fine, but once I was done applying it, it looked pretty patchy. The color is pretty good, but the product clings to some slightly dry patches. Once I was done with my makeup, my face looked pretty shitty to be honest. My pores were pretty big, and the overall look was patchy and dry, but I tried to give the benefit of the doubt.

full face done
After 5 hours I essentially looked like shit. I've worn this a handful of times and each time I always regret it. I was patchy, dry, textured, etc. (not to mention Urban Decay Perversion is the worst lower lash mascara, which was not helping me from looking a mess). Pictures don't even show how bad it honestly looked. The edge of where my blush is looks super weird, I've never had a foundation do that (it can be seen in the second pic). You also can't tell in the pictures, but it oxidized slightly, not necessarily darker, but the undertones just make it look off. Also it creased in the corners of my eyes like what foundation does that ever.....




And I decided to wash my face before I went to work, so that ends the test. When I wore this foundation before for longer, it just continued to look worse and worse.

Overall this gets a 1/10 from me, simply for the shade being nice and light. Everything else sucked and this is definitely gonna be the last time I wear this, so glad I only got samples.



You Might Also Like

0 comments