Highlighter Review: Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Incandescent

4:52 PM

During the Sephora sale awhile ago now I splurged a teeny tiny bit and bought a couple products I wouldn't normally including this; the Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder. Hourglass products have always intrigued me, but their price tag has always kept me away, so I figured the sale was a good time to dip my toes in.

It retails for $38 for .16 oz; for comparison Becca Pressed Skin Perfector is $38 for .28 oz and Stila's Heaven Hue Highlighter (review here) is $32 for .35 oz. The shade Incandescent is an "opalescent pearl". I think it swatches warmer than it looked when applied.




It applied very subtly and can be built up to a nice sheen, not too subtle not too blinding (which is what I prefer nowadays). There is no kickup in the pan whatsoever and I swirl my brush pretty aggressively. It lasts on me for 8 hours with little to no fading. It definitely does not emphasize texture at all.
btw I have brown hair hello



Overall this gets a 10/10 from me. This really does the job beautifully. Its pretty much my every day highlight I'd say I use it 5/7 days of the week. Its so easy and its like I know my highlight will look great without even thinking about it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments