YSL Touche Eclat White Ultra Brightening Pen Review

9:57 AM

So, the YSL Touche Eclat White Ultra Brightening Pen. Is it a concealer is it a highlighter? What do we do with this pen? I actually use it for both! This works in both ways on me because I am so pale, of course this would not be suitable for a concealer on someone with a slightly darker complexion than me.



This retails for $38 for .08 oz., to compare; the Guerlain Precious Light Illuminator and Concealer is $52 for .05 oz, and the Tom Ford Illuminating Highlight Pen is $53 for .11 oz. This is a universal highlighting pen (I highly disagree with "universal" its fucking white so like) to give a high impact strobing effect. I don't understand why they call this a strobing product, as its only slightly glowy. It does not have an intense sheen that I would consider necessary for a strobing product. 

All that being said I do like this! I tried it as a highlighter and its very subtle, but pretty. It takes awhile to get the product flowing, but blends out super easy. It gives a naturally highlighted effect with no glitter or shimmer. You can see it barely even looks like highlighter, as there's no real shimmer or sheen, but rather it gives a super healthy glow.



Buttttttttt what I really like this product for is basically I guess concealer! I use it under my eyes with nothing else, and down the middle of my face as one would use a highlighting concealer. Since there's no shimmer it works so well to just brighten the areas. And since I'm so light I can get away with this as my only undereye concealer, although I'm thinking about purchasing one of the colored ones and mixing it with this for my undereyes. Oh also I cut my hair off, but I think I still have some posts coming with my long in them, so don't be alarmed.

applied to right eye

applied to both eyes
It gives such a radiant, glowy finish that I can't get enough of! I powder my undereyes with Maybelline Fit Me powder in the lightest shade, and I find that it wears beautifully. Here's a full face picture using this under my eyes as well as highlighter down the center of my face. It gives the skin a nice healthy glow.


Overall I really like this product as both a highlighter and concealer, but I use it as concealer much more often. It blends easily and gives a very healthy look to my skin. I don't like the price or the small quantity of product you get, but that's just how it is sometimes. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments