Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light Review

12:27 PM

Recently when I picked up the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal, I also got the shade Dim. As I mentioned in the Haul post, I got this shade because I saw someone saying they were fair and used it as a bronzer. I've been having a lot of trouble finding a decent powder bronzer lately so I figured I would give it a go.

It retails for $46 for .35 oz; to compare the Nars Bronzing Powder is $40 for .28 oz., and the Too Faced Chocolate Soliel Bronzer is $30 for .28 oz. As this is technically a finishing powder, it is said to diffuse and soften the look of skin, as well as recreate flattering light.


The shade Dim Light is a neutral peach beige, and I think that description is fitting. It swatches a bit peachier than it looks on the skin, fortunately. It has a slight sheen that's really beautiful.


It applies very easy and takes very little work to blend out. It doesn't appear patchy or anything. Its very easy to build up, but also hard to overdo.

only Dim Light applied 
full face done 
Overall I really do like this product to use as a bronzer! Its not too warm toned or orangey, lasts very well, and applies even better. I haven't been reaching for powder products that often now that its getting extremely hot out, but when I do I always use this!

You Might Also Like

0 comments