Lena Cup Review

7:08 PM

So after I stopped using the Diva Cup (review and explanation as to why I stopped, here), I wanted to try another menstrual cup. I did a lot of research and landed on the Lena cup due to two deciding factors: its very soft as far as menstrual cups go, and they offer a sensitive version. These factors were especially important to me because of the difficulty I had near the end of my usage of the Diva cup due to its firmness.

I got mine off of Amazon for $24.90. I believe the site had some sort of coupon, but it was still cheaper when it came to shipping to buy off of Amazon. I placed the order January 31st and it arrived February 2nd, as its part of primer 2 day shipping. It comes with a cotton pouch for storing like the Diva cup.

It comes in small, large, and sensitive (either small or large). Unlike most other cups, the cup size is not based on birthing history or age, but instead flow and sensitivity. I chose sensitive due to my issues with the Diva Cup, and I definitely think that was the right choice.

Since this cup is significantly softer than the Diva, there is again the learning curve of how to fold for insertion. But since I had some familiarity with cups, it wasn't hard or anything. I found that with this cup inserted, I could not feel it at all. I didn't find that it pushed on my bladder, or that it caused me to have to pee any more than usual. I am 100% happy with the fit of this cup.

As far as use, I found that at first I had no leaking. I'm on the same birth control I have been, but my period has become significantly lighter to almost none existent. I started using this when I was still having 3 day light periods and I experienced no leaking. Then I used it when I was having 1 or 2 day light periods and experienced slight leaking. The last month I used it I had a slight 1 day period and found that wearing the cup with such a light flow was uncomfortable, which is to be expected- these aren't meant to be worn when you barely have any flow. I've found that the last few months I do not need to wear the cup. I have been trying different period panties- reviews to come!

Overall when I had more of a regular "birth control period", I really enjoyed this cup. It was everything I wanted in a menstrual cup; not noticeable, didn't cause any pain or discomfort, easy to insert and remove. If my periods do come back more than they have been, I will definitely be using this cup again.

You Might Also Like

0 comments