Decluttering!

5:02 PM

So I recently watched Sam Ravndahl's video on deluttering her makeup and was inspired to do the same. I find myself only reaching for a handful of products on the regular, and notice I have a lot that just sit in my drawer, so I figured it was about time to get rid of them. Be aware, there's a lot, lol. I also have reviews on several of these so you can search for them if you care, they won't be linked.

Let's start with the face products I'm getting rid of. For some reason I couldn't bring myself to declutter any foundations, even tho I literally only wear the Nudestix Tinted Blur Stick or Cover FX Power Play. Maybe next time.


First and foremost, the Tarte Clay Play Palette....I hate this so much, lol. Thataylaa raved about it so of course I got it, but its extremely powdery, patchy, and overall just shit. I couldn't use these powders on my face, as they were patchy and too dark, and I also couldn't use them on my eyes due to patchiness and powderiness. Overall some of the worst powders I've ever used. 

The Lancome Blush Subtil All-In-One Contour, Blush & Highlighter Palette sucks also. The Lancome rep convinced me to buy it like last year and I've regretted it ever since. I forget which shade I have but the powders in it are not flattering, do not blend easily, and just overall look blah. 

I used to use a mini Too Faced Snow Bunny Bronzer and LOVED it, but then they discontinued it/hadn't reformulated it and brought it back yet. I bought the Pink Leopard Blushing Bronzer on a whim and it actually is so awful. Orangey and powdering, doesn't build- a nightmare. 

The Lorac Ocean Sunset palette...oh how I wanted to love this. I just can't work with the ultra warm toned shades. I really love the shade saltwater, but one shade I never use isn't enough reason to keep the palette. Nothing wrong with the formulation, the colors just look shit on me.

I used to really like the Wet N Wild cushion highlighter, but I just have so many other cream highlighters that give the effect I want. This one is too metallic for my tastes now.

The Lorac Color Source Blush is such a bad blush. Its soooo pigmented to the point of it being impossible to apply without looking like a clown. Loved the shade of it (Infrared), but just can't deal with the over saturation of color.

The iconic Milani rose blush (can't remember the actual name) in Tea Rose...I wanted to like this so much. The formaulation is fine but the color is straight up orange on me.

Physicians' Formula Glow Pearls in Translucent used to be my go to, but I just have a lot of highlighters that look a lotttt better than this one.

ABH Dipbrow....I used this product for a long ass time. I haven't in probably a year and a half because even the ashiest brown shade looks straight up orange my brows. Tragic because I do like the formula.

The Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid was fine, but again too metallic for me now.

The Physicians' Formula Butter Bronzer in Light Bronzer used to be my go to, until I realized its really orange on me.

Models Own Cover It concealer was another product I saw through Thataylaa. Its just too goopy and overly creamy. It creases like hell and isn't really as light as I prefer my undereye concealer.

The Maybelline Fit Me Loose powder (again....thanks Thataylaa) was just too dark on me. as well as the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 12 I think? Whichever one is the lightest one besides the new shade they came out with (its not 10 I know that). 

I realized I also have two lip products in this pic, the Lime Crime Velvetines in Marshmallow and something else I forget. Bought them at Nordstrom Rack even though I know I hate liquid lipsticks, I don't know what I was expecting. 

Aaaaaaaand lips


Obviously I'm not going to talk about all of these, but I will mention some themes among them,

I got rid of almost all of my liquid lipsticks. I hate them, despise them. They do nothing for me and I'm so happy the trend is finally dying. I also got rid of bright colors, because as much as I want to, I'm just not going to wear them. 

I also got rid of most of my bullet lipsticks. I don't hate them as much as liquid ones, but I'm not a fan. I really only wear glosses, stains, tinted balms now, so there was no point in keeping them. A lot of bullets (and just any form of products) that I'm getting rid of are ones I got at Marshalls. I used to see them and just not be able to resist the sale, even if it wasn't necessarily a color or formulation I wanted. 

And that's it. I wish I knew just how much my giant "get rid of" pile cost me, lol. Oh well, you live and you learn. I'm going to be throwing out any products that can't be sanitized, then donating the rest to either a local women's shelter (if I can find one that takes makeup), or the group Thataylaa partners with, Project Beauty Share. Either way some of these products will not have been purchased in vain! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments