Highlighter Review: Benefit High Beam

11:14 AM

Benefit High Beam might be one of the first highlighters I tried. I bought the mini version in a three pack with a mini Benetint and Posietint as well. I had previously tried Benefit's Watts Up!, but that shit looked like a bronzer on my skintone, so I was really hoping this one would work.


It retails for $26 for .33 fl oz; to compare to other liquid highlighters, ABH Liquid Glow is $25 for .68 fl oz, and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector is $41 for 1.7 fl oz. It claims to give a dewy, radiant glow. The color is supposedly pink, and in the bottle it really does look pink. But when I swatch and apply it, it looks a lot more peachy-beige on my skintone, which is kinda weird to me. I actually wish it looked more pink.


I find it has a somewhat metallic finish that emphasizes my pores a bit. Its also somewhat hard to blend out; if i apply it in small dots onto my face then blend, the dots will stay slightly visible, even if I blend immediately. It wears fine for 8 hours.


I'm also not a fan of the packaging (on the mini version at least). Once you use a lot of it, its hard to get it out, because the brush only goes straight down into the bottle, you can't scrape product off the sides.

Overall I think this is kind of average leaning shitty. I used to like it a lot when I hadn't tried others, but I don't really reach for this literally ever anymore. Overall 1/10, not impressed at all, considering tossing this. Gets a 1 because the shade is kind of pretty, even though its not what they adevertise it to be.

You Might Also Like

0 comments