Small Sephora VIB Sale Haul

8:41 PM

I was planning to place a Sephora order and then I realized it was about to be the VIB sale and THEN I realized that I'm VIB this year and not just a Beauty Insider and you know I was hype. I was sad The Ordinary was excluded from the sale, but you already know I had plenty other products on my wishlist.


So I reviewed The Cover FX Power Play Foundation here, and I said I was planning purchasing the full size....so a bitch did. This is the first full sized foundation I've bought since repurchasing the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea (which I still like, but I'm not totally as enamored with it as I once was), so its exciting! I've used it several times and I'm not loving it as much as I did? Its been looking a little dry...but maybe my skin is just a bit drier at the moment. I still love the shade so I will continue to work with it.

I also picked up two of the Ambient Lighting Powders, one in Ethereal one in Dim Light. I actually purchased Ethereal in the past, but returned it because I guilty for spending that much on a somewhat unnecessary product since I was using a different powder to set my face. But lately I'm not loving how my Laura Mercier powder is sitting on my face, so I thought I would give these a try. I bought Dim Light to try and use as a subtle glowy bronzer. I have been having a hard time finding an actual bronzer that works on my skin (I thought the Butter Bronzer worked, but it looks really orange lately), and saw someone saying they used Dim Light to bronze. I've been really loving it using it this way! It doesn't pull too orange and has the prettiest finish.

I also decided to pick up the iconic Dior Addict Lip Maximizer Plumping Gloss. I know the og shade is pink, but I picked up Beige Sunrise because I'm a sucker for nudes. It smells like minty vanilla and feels slightly tingly when you first apply. Super buttery and beautiful on, and the shade is a really nice sheer nude.

And that's actually all I purchased (how do people haul so much with this sale like I swear most people drop upwards of $300 I can't even imagine), but I did cash in some points for a little Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara. I've been testing it out and I really like it! It doesn't transfer to my top lid in the way my HG Maybelline Full N Soft does, but it can get a little clumpy. I wouldn't purchase a mid range/high end mascara if its not on sale though, so I'll most likely just use this one up and that will be that.

Overall it was a successful VIB sale, here's to the next one!

You Might Also Like

0 comments