Foundation Review: Nudestix Nudies Tinted Blur Stick in Light 1

4:17 PM

Now when I saw this in Ulta's new arrivals I knew I had to get it. Like I said in my Ulta haul post where I first mentioned this, Nudestix concealers are very light so I figured this was going to be doable at least, which is always reason enough for me to buy a foundation since its so rare. I hesitate to categorize this as a foundation review because (to steal Samantha Ravendahl's description) its really more of a suggestion of a skin tint- its extremely sheer.

The Nudestix Nudies Tinted Blur stick retails for $30 for .216; to compare, ABH Stick Foundation (review here) goes for $25 for .35, and the Tart Clay Stick Foundation is $39 for .32. To be fair Nudestix isn't exactly marketing this as a foundation as the word "foundation" is never mentioned in its description. Instead it is described as a "soft focus mineral technology that smooths and blurs appearance of texture, blemishes, and discoloration" to give you a soft matte glow. And it is marketed as being used 4 ways: as a tint, over foundations to blot, underneath foundations to blur, and to highlight and contour.

nice crocs in the background
The shade Light 1 is described as "ivory with cool pink undertones" and I do agree with this. It leans slightly pink, but since its so sheer, it still works on my neutral skin (pink toned products usually turn orange). It photographs more neutral and swatches more pink toned in person that the picture shows. I was initially very surprised when I opened my Ulta package and saw how small this is, but I should have been expecting it when looking at the comparison ounces. It is super light though, props to Nudestix for that.


I wore this with no primer. I wasn't sure what primer would go good with it, and wanted to see if it truly would blur my pores and fine lines on its own. It was worn for 8 hours after being applied with my Eco Tools sponge (the green one), and setting with a light dusting of Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (mostly on part of my cheeks, nose, and middle of forehead) and Smashbox Primer Water. I've recently stopped using my Laura Mercier setting powder as I don't like how it sits on my skin, and have been finding the Hourglass one to not alter foundations so I figured it would be safe to use while testing this.

applied on left
It goes on extremely creamy and blends extremely easily because it is so sheer. I would say it slightly filled my pores but they were still visible (you can just barely make out that I have product on the left because of the slight blurring of pores, imo). It slightly toned down my redness which is always hard to photograph, but there was still slight redness peaking through.

applied to both sides 
Like I said this is just a very slight suggestion of a skin tint, its extremely sheer, so unless you study these pictures, I think its near impossible to tell a difference. It was slightly easily to tell in person, as my redness overall unevenness was slightly toned down and evened, as I said before. Personally I don't really struggle with having lots to cover up on my skin, and generally prefer a sheer to light base to just even my redness and hide pores, which this product does upon immediate application. I can't imagine using this to blot, as they suggest as use number 2. Its extremely creamy and would do nothing if applied to oily areas imo, except make them look worse.

full face done
I checked in after 4 hours and I looked good, albiet a bit oily. There was ever so slightly a bit of caking in my smile lines but nothing you could see unless you were looking for it. I think my skin looked about as oily as it does after 4 hours if I'm not wearing makeup, but my redness was still toned down so I dig it. I'm excited to test this at work when my face gets really red.


At the end of the night (8 hours) I again think my skin just looked the same level of oiliness it does at the end of a no makeup day. It may have faded off slightly, but it was hard to tell. My skin tone still seemed more even than it naturally is. My pores were really out to party though (I realize this phrase snuck its way into my vernacular because of Taylor Thataylaa......)


Overall I like this product, although it does seem pricey for what it is, and for the amount you get- which leads me to believe I probably would't repurchase it, although I do really like the product. I feel like I'm going to go through it fast. I think I give this about an 8/10, didn't really hold up to the blurring and pore filling claim, but it was a nice VERY sheer tint that did even my skin.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi! Would just like to know if the first pic shows the product already fully twisted up? Meaning that that is all the product contains or is there still more within the stick?

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! There is more but not a lot more, and it goes fast since it is sheer. Also if you twist up more than a tiny bit of product when you apply it, it breaks off! Mine broke days after this review unfortunately.

      Delete