Foundation Review: Rms Beauty Un Cover-Up Concealer/Foundation in 000

9:20 AM

For awhile now I've been wanting to try the Rms Beauty Living Luminizer. While I was looking at that product I decided to check out the rest of their products. A youtuber I watch had mentioned their Un Cover-Up Concealer/Foundation, and usually I am very weary of buying foundations without swatching because even the lightest looking product usually ends up being dark af. But for some reason I wanted to give this one a go, and so I bought it.

It retails for $36 for .20 oz. which is....shocking considering most foundations come in the standard 1 fl oz. Although this is marketed as a concealer as well, so compared to other pot/cream concealers, this seems to be about standard. It kinda sucks though since I use it as a foundation I'm going to go through it super quickly, but it is what it is.

To my surprise, the shade 000 works! It is described as the "lightest shade for true snow whites" lmao why are foundation descriptions always so cringey. Anyways it seems to be pretty neutral toned, maybe ever so slightly leaning yellow but not much. It is said to be "completely lightweight and hydrating" and to "reduce the appearance of pores", as well as "covering imperfections and redness". It also claims "coverage that will never look heavy or dry".


I applied it with my Real Techniques sponge over my Smashbox Primer Water, and set with Too Faced Hangover 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer and Setting Spray (I've been using this as a primer lately as well, but since I know how the Smashbox one performs I wanted to use that one to test the foundation). PLEASE I kno I look like a dumb bitch let's look past it.

rms on left
rms on full face
It applies easily, I dip my sponge into the pot then apply to my face. Coverage is sheer to light, which I'm a fan of so its not an issue. Looks nice as it goes on, but it really smells like shit, like crayons. If I'm paying a mid range price, I'd expect mid range quality which definitely includes scent. It has a very dewy finish, but not overly so. My pores were definitely visible and didn't seem covered at all, nor emphasized- just visible.

full face minus lips
I checked in after 5 hours and I looked pretty much the same, although I was moving past dewy and bordering on oily. There was no settling or heaviness.



At the end of the night after 8 hours, I was looking decent but not great. I was full on oily by now, and there was slight heaviness and settling around my nose, smile lines, and on my chin. Weirdly enough my pores still didn't look huge or anything, just visible.

the nose thing happens will all foundations


Overall this gets an 8/10 from me; color and coverage are great, just wish it smelled and wore a little better. That being said I'll definitely be using this regularly especially since this review I have found that setting it with my Laura Mercier powder then the Too Faced Hangover setting spray/primer thing extends the wear time and keeps me less oily! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments