Butter London Sheer Wisdom Lush Lip Oil Review in Dusty Mauve and Royal Blood

2:17 PM

A little while ago Butter London products were half off I believe? I had been interested in their Lip Serum Oils so I picked a couple up (spoiler: I want the rest of the shades!!!)

The Butter London Sheer Wisdom Lush Lip Oils retail for $22 for /08 fl oz and are supposed to  be a "sheer wash of color" that will "revitalize, firm, and condition your lips". Lately I am soooo into glosses/stains/sheer products so this description is such a yes for me. They've also got all kinds of oils and extracts and good shit. To compare to other "lip oils"; Too Faced Sweet Peach Lip Oil goes for $19 for .14 fl oz, and Lancome Juicy Shaker Lip Oils are $22 for .3, so it seems like these Butter London ones are little on the pricey side for the amount you get.

I personally love the packaging, which has a little window that shows you how much product is left, as well as a twisty bottom that you click (and lock!) to dispense product.

The color Dusty mauve is excatly that but more pink, and Royal Blood is a wine shade, although on me it pulls slightly more red toned than purple.

Dusty Mauve on top
Royal Blood on bottom
Application is easy and the product goes on soooo smooth. I'd say pigmentation is a little more than sheer, but definitly not saturated or opaque by any means. It gives the perfect amount of color and looks so plump on the lips. They fade beautifully as well, not patchy at all. Instead they just sort of wear off the lips leaving a very slight tint not settling into any lines or anything like that.

Dusty Mauve

Royal Blood
Dusty Mauve has slighter more even application which is typical of the lighter sheer products. Ignore the bump near my bottom lip I literally got a bug bite there some time between finishing my makeup and taking these pictures like honestly...

Dusty Mauve

Royal Blood
Overall this gets a 10/10, I'm really pleased with this purchase and like I said, really want the other four shades!! These are prefect for everyday and I wear them all the time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments