Bronzer Review: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in Light Bronzer

11:33 AM

Aaaand here's a category of product reviews I never thought I would have on this blog: bronzers. If you read my Bronzer/Contour collection post you know I literally only have one bronzer, and its kinda borderline a blush if I'm being honest. But for some reason I just really wanted to buy this bronzer? So maybe bronzers are growing on me and I'll end up with a shit ton, who knows.

The Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer Murumuru Butter Bronzer (yes, that's its technical name) retails for around $14 for .38 oz of product. For comparison I quickly looked up different bronzers like the Too Faced Chocolate Soliel bronzer which is $30 for .35 oz and the Nyx Bronzer which is $8.99 for .33 oz.

This product promises to "smooth skin texture, brighten skin tone, and deliver a gorgeous bronzer finish." Its got Murumuru, Cupaucu, and Tumuca Butter in it to make it moisturizing and creamy. Its honestly got a ton more claims but that's the gist of it. I find it really interesting that there's no mention of smell listed. If you have ever heard of this product, you know it has a very intense beachy-y, sunscreen-y, tropical smell; the smell is so strong you can smell it through the packaging before you open it! Personally I'm a fan of it, but it might be too intense for some.


The color Light Bronzer is a yellow toned, light/medium brown. Its got a really nice satin  finish that gives you a really nice sun-kissed glow. It looks a bit shimmery when swatched, but that luckily does not transfer onto the face.


This shit is so buttery and creamy like I just want to swatch it all day long, lmao. It applies very evenly with a brush and can be built up, but is very hard to go overboard with. It works really well on my cool toned pale skin, despite the fact that it is warm and yellow toned. It wears well for 8+ hours. Pictures honestly show it so much lighter than it is in person, especially face pictures. Its worth mentioning that the intense smell is noticeable when you first apply it, but after about 30 minutes its gone.





Overall I love this! It gets a 10/10 for me. Finding a bronzer that doesn't look terrible on pale skin is pretty rare, so this product really over exceeded my expectations. I hardly ever pan any products, but if I ever do, I'll repurchase for sure! I think I'm going to become a regular bronzer wearer...who could have expected this.

You Might Also Like

0 comments