Tom's Long Lasting Wild Lavender Deodorant Review

10:19 AM

Honestly when I think of natural deodorants, Tom's is the first that comes to mind so it's kinda weird I'm only now testing it out. I had just always heard such mixed things on the brand so I didn't bother, but after so many trials and errors with all the other deodorants I've tried, I figured why not.


It retails for $4.99 and promises "clinically tested 24 hour protection", with "botanical ingredients to absorb odor". Getting 24 hour wear out of a deodorant with no antiperspirant gets me a little skeptical.

The smell is a bit "manly" and pretty strong. I do like it though. As always I applied this after my showers at night and again in the morning to test (although sometimes I would wash my pits in the morning before reapplication, I realized I never mentioned that in other reviews).

This is a clear deodorant that goes on ever so slightly wet, but dries very quickly. 4 hours after initial application I could still smell the product pretty strongly, and I felt fresh and dry. The only issue I have with the scent is once it mixes with sweat, it has a slightly unpleasant smell. I'm not talking about a B.O smell, but its like the lavender smell but just kind of...off.

Waking up in the morning I smelled a tiny teeny bit bad, but I could also still smell the deodorant scent. (This varied; on nights when I sweated especially heavily, I woke up smelling pretty bad). I seemed to get about 3-5 hours of wear out of this product on an average/light sweating day. It MIGHT be able to be pushed to 8 if I was seriously not sweating AT ALL (so like, not realistically).

On days when I sweated more heavily this lasted around 3 hours maximum, 1 average, and for work I will not use this product as it only seems to last about an hour. This is pretty typical with all the deodorants I have tried; I don't use any of them for work.

Overall this gets a 4/10. Its decent for days when I'm running errands or going to class, but still won't cut it if I have anything to do which will cause major sweating (any unfamiliar social event, work, etc). 

You Might Also Like

0 comments