Can Make Mermaid Skin Gel UV SPF 50+ PA++++ Review

9:36 AM

So after using my Biore Watery Essence for years (review here), I decided to branch out and try something new. Also widely popular, I picked the Can Make Mermaid Skin Gel. I had read many raving reviews of this on the Asian Beauty subreddit, so naturally I ordered it.

Depending on where you purchase it, I've seen it range from $10-$14 for the 40g tube. The Biore Water Essence is 50g, so its pretty typical for a facial sunscreen. It is supposed to be light and refreshing with no stickiness, as well as being moisturizing, as per their website.


Just as a baseline I will be comparing this to the Biore sunscreen, as its what I have used and know. It came in this cute little box which I'm obsessed with, lol. I find this is thinner than the Biore Watery Essence, and has no scent. It applies like a lotion and absorbs faster than Biore, as well as feeling less sticky while it dries.


I apply this the same was as Biore, by dotting the two fingers (and a lil more) worth onto my face, then patting it in with a cushion puff. I really love this method for how even I feel it applies and also how fast it is!




I find that this gives a super dewy finish that really emphasizes my pores. I don't mind this though, because even if I am wearing makeup or if I'm not, I'll still be using my Milk Makeup Blur Stick, so its not a big deal. I feel like the glow from this does show through my base makeup also.

immediately after application


After the 30 minutes I feel like my skin is still super dewy, but slightly less so. My pores are still emphasized and all that. It sinks in completely and I can't feel anything on my face when I touch it. I do feel like its slightly moisturizing.


I really love this sunscreen! Its a bit annoying on days where I sleep in too late because I have to really remember to apply my blur stick like whenever I get to where I'm going otherwise my pores are.......a mess.....but that's just my own laziness. This applies easy, sinks in fast, and leaves no reside! I plan to repurchase to use moreso in the winter though, as my pores and overall dewiness border on a problem when I'm out in the Florida humidity of the summer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments