RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek in Spell and Demure Review

4:07 PM

As I've mentioned and everyone can notice, I'm a sucker for cream products lately. I just can't help it, its something about glowy, soft makeup for the summer, I'm all about it. Being my latest obsession, I decided I needed more cream products which led me to purchasing several RMS Beauty ones. I own the Living Luminzer by them and love it, so I figured I'd probably like their other products.

These retail for #36 for .17 oz., to compare; the Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek is $24 for 1 oz., and the Too Faced Peach My Cheeks Melting Powder Blush is $30 for .44 oz. I'm comparing to blushes because I only use these as blushes. They are said to be a multitasking cream to hydrate and give a natural finish. This review will only be focusing on using these are blushes.

Spell

Demure
Spell is a "modern nude dusty rose" while Demure is a "soft pink rose with a hint of mauve". For such descriptive colors I don't think they are quite accurate. Spell looks like its description in the pan, but swatched on my skin tone it looks alarmingly orange, nothing dusty or rosey about it. I'm also not sure if I see much mauve in Demure, but I'll let that one slide. Demure is much more pigmented than Spell, and seems to have a heavier consistency whereas spell is more sheer and balmy.

Spell

Demure
I prefer the consistency of Spell, as Demure can feel a bit heavy on the face.

Spell

Spell
I find that these wear well. Although they never set to a powder finish, they don't really stay tacky either. They set enough to wear they last, but will rub off if you aren't being careful. I think they wear well for 6 but are doable for 8, they will just be somewhat faded.

Demure

Demure
Overall I do like these, although they aren't my favorite. I reach for Spell more due to its consistency, but I do still enjoy Demure. These wear well enough for cream products, and I don't find them patchy or difficult to apply.

You Might Also Like

0 comments