Lush T'eo Deodorant Review

7:46 AM

Wow a deodorant review, almost feels like we're back in 2017 right. As you all know (or may not know) I've been on a long and tiring journey into finding a natural/antiperspirant free deo that works for someone as extremely sweaty as I am. I luckily found this very product in the Lush Aromaco deodorant, and still use this every day and love it, but I wanted to try out Lush's other deo, just to see. Because I'm never happy and always want options, lmao. There's also a little wrap up summary at the bottom if you don't care for my excruciatingly detailed deodorant reviews.

This deodorant supposedly has sweat absorbing powders and odor eliminating essential oils. It smells citrusy due to juniper oil, lemongrass, and tea tree. It comes in a an oval solid with a blueish backing, as the product itself is extremely crumbly. I will say that some reviews have mentioned a burning sensation when first applying this, and the cashier did make an offhand comment about not applying it to freshly shaven pits. I initially tried this with gornw out armpit hair and experienced no burning, but did experience slight burning and continued irritation throughout the day post wax.


As with all my deo reviews, I applied this product after my nightly shower, and once again in the morning before my day. Application is, at first, a bit tricky, as I was expecting it to be a similar creamy consistency as Aromaco. It is definitely not, its a very delicate, crumbly, and powdery block that sort of...crumbles everywhere as you apply it? Not large chunks, but a fine dusting sort of gets all over the counter/floor etc. It also goes on looking very powdery and white, and feels veryyyyy dry, like when you apply something like talcum powder to skin, but not in an uncomfortable way.

Lots of reviews mentioned keeping the product in a tub and letting it crumble into a powder, then applying it with a brush, which, on my second day of owning this, I was forced to do. I attempted to store it in a container and when I opened it up, the product was completely cracked like in the photo. I actually find it easier to apply this way, and a lot less messy, as well as less drier on the skin.


Upon immediate application the citrusy lemongrass smell is strong, and it continued to linger until I went to sleep, several hours later. It is not overwhelming or unpleasant in any way, but if you don't like overly scented deos this would be good to know. I feel like the scent was stronger when I had hair, I don't notice it that much now that I'm waxed. By the time I went to bed there was no odor, other than the deo itself, and I felt very dry and fresh. I find the dry feeling is more apparent when I had hair. I also feel like the product itself becomes less pungent the longer you have it, the scent was super strong when I first purchased it!

In the morning the scent lingered ever so slightly if I really stuck my nose in my pit, but of course became more apparent again when I reapplied it. When I had hair I woke up with no bad smell, after my wax I would wake up smelling a little teeny tiny bit off if I had sweated a lot. It can leave marks on your dark shirts when you pull them on if you're not careful when applying the solid product directly to the skin, but applying the powder with a brush does not seem to leave any marks.

During a school day I'm walking to and from my car and on campus, usually in direct sun, in summer. So its safe to say I did sweat, so of course this product will not keep you completely dry. I did notice I might have been a little less damp than I usually am, but nothing crazy. When I first started using this, by the end of a school/errand/chill day I could still smell the citrusy lemongrass scent and no bad armpit smell with hair. Post wax I find that I don't smell the scent as much and can occasionally smell a  bit, but only if I'm really sticking my nose up in there. I find that it smells slightly different than when you first apply, but not BO-y at all, just (as I've said before about other deos) kind of like the deo mixed with sweat, NOT mixed with BO.

During a regular work day (anywhere from 6-10 hours) I'm in the drive thru which has air conditioners that break like every other day. Its common for it to be 80 degrees and higher, what with the lack of air flow, panini presses, bagel toaster, constantly opening window, as well as 3+ employees in a tight space, not to mention the running around I do. I think this was a pretty good way to test if this really holds up. It did great pre wax, but post wax its only okay. The lemongrass scent was present throughout the day if I stuck my nose in my pits, and absolutely no bad BO smell with hair. By the end of the night my armpits again smelled like sweat mixed with the deo, but not a bad smell at all. Post wax I found the smell wearing off quicker, and while I wouldn't smell during the shift, when I got home and put my nose in my pits sometimes I would smell only a little bit, other times a decent amount (not noticeable unless sticking my nose there, though!)

The following picture is the product after about a month of use, minus a pretty decent sized chunk I took out to carry around with me.


I was initially completely impressed with this product for hairy pits. After such great luck with Aromaco, I did try the Greeench deo powder from Lush with shit results, so I wasn't holding out much hope for this, but it really impressed me and I might even like this more than Aromaco, WHEN I HAVE HAIR. After my wax and as my hair kept growing in though, I found that this did irritate a bump I had and I had to stop using it for a time because it burned so bad. I found it didn't work as well as Aromaco, and irritated my skin when I was hairless, but when I have hair it works better. I find it super easy to just carry around a little chunk to reapply if I need to when I have my hair removed, but when its growing back I don't feel the need to reapply. Overall it works pretty well, and I will repurchase.

BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE THIS IS SUPER WORDY:

  • People who let  armpit hair grow out: THIS WORKS GREAT at keeping smell away and keeping you slightly drier than usually- even after 6-10 hour shifts. 
  • People who remove armpit hair: THIS WORKS OKAY, but you may feel most comfortable carrying around a small chunk of the product to reapply if you get really sweaty.


You Might Also Like

0 comments