Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Iridescent Strobe Light Review

8:39 AM

From the few Hourglass powder products I've used, I know that I love this brand. Awhile ago I got this powder in the shade Incandescent and loved it so much I bought this shade as well.



It retails for $38 for .16 oz; for comparison Becca Pressed Skin Perfector is $38 for .28 oz and Stila's Heaven Hue Highlighter (review here) is $32 for .35 oz. The shade Iridescent is "an illuminating pink powder imparting a soft highlight." It is supposed to be a natural highlight and can be built up. I have a review on the shade Incandescent here.



The shade Iridescent is pink toned when applied to the cheekbones. I find it swatches pretty peachy as well as when its applied to my inner eye. It also swatches so shitty and looks like absolutely nothing! You can see the product on my finger and how it almost looks matte.

kick back in bottom of pan
It kicks up a lot of powder when you swirl your brush in it, much more so than the shade Incandescent. This does apply nicely to the face, gives a subtle glow than can be built to moderate, but not blinding by any means. It doesn't emphasize texture and looks very smooth on the face.




Overall I like this powder but I don't love it. I really liked it when I first picked it up, but retrying it after my cream product binge of the last few months has left me decidedly lukewarm on it. It looks nice on the skin, but if I'm going to wear powder products I definitely reach for several other powder highlights before this one, even the shade Incandescent before I wear this one.

You Might Also Like

0 comments