Milk Makeup Blur Stick Review

7:57 AM

I was always interested in Milk Makeup products but never wanted to bite the bullet and actually get one. Then I was in Sephora with my mom and saw the mini Blur Stick and said, fuck it, and walked to the register, lmao.

It retails for $36 for 1 oz (although I own the mini), to compare; the Smashbox Photo Finish Mattify Primer stick is $32 for .31, and the Dr Brandt Pores No More goes for $35 for .5 oz, so this actually seems to be a decent value. It is a "colorless, matte, universal face filter". It is supposed to blur the looks of fine lines and pores.


When I first apply this it smooths my pores out but doesn't fill them completely, and it definitely mattifies in a very flattering way. Unfortunately I don't see any pore blurring or mattifying to last anymore than about an hour. I don't think it's worth it to use this as a primer under foundation.


That being said there is a way I do really like to use this- and that's when I don't have any face makeup on. I'll apply it after my daily sunscreen, as that can leave me a bit shiny. I'll then bring it with me (remember I have the mini), and continuously apply this throughout the day when my pores become visible and my oil comes through. I almost use it as a blotting stick? This is usually on days when I'm at work and I find that it makes me feel much better about not having makeup on to be able to use this to touch up. It doesn't leave the skin feeling dry or unnaturally matte, so I also use this on very minimal makeup days when I'm only wearing like this, mascara, sheer liquid blush, highlight, and brows (which seems like so much now that I type it out, lmao). Below is a picture of my pores after my sunscreen has set for 30 minutes.

my pores in all their glory
It significantly mattifies and blurs pores when I reapply throughout the day, although unfortunately it still only lasts about an hour or two, but I don't mind reapplying. I find that its worth it to just carry and reapply, because as a girl with huge ass pores, I'm always self conscious of them showing. Knowing I have a product with me that will dramatically reduce their appearance is so comforting.

Blur Stick applied to LEFT side only

Overall I think its decent, the immediate results are great, but its not long lasting at all. I actually would consider repurchasing this, although I do want to try out other pore minimizing sticks to see if I can find one that lasts longer. You can really see the contrast between the sides in the picture above, I just wish it lasted.

You Might Also Like

0 comments