PantyProp Period Panties Review

7:25 AM

So, as I mentioned in my Lena Cup review, my periods have been super light lately. This led me to seriously look into other options because I could no longer comfortably use my cup. I decided to try some period underwear. If you're unfamiliar with it, its underwear that has some sort of absorbent crotchto replace or to be worn as a back up for tampons or cups. There's a ton of brands and after a bunch of research I decided to try the brand PantyProp.

PantyProp feature an absorbent cotton gusset (nicer word for crotch I guess) and claim to give security, comfort, leak free protection, as well as not have any bumps that can be seen through pants. Its important to note this is a claim the company makes...you'll see why I'm saying this. They also feature a mesh thing that is to hope pads in place if you want to wear pads in addition to the undies. This was not a factor in my decision as I wasn't going to be wearing pads.

front
back
I opted for the Hipster version that claims to be low rise and full coverage. Now I wanted to mention that I do wear thongs 90% of the time, but I went into this knowing I was obviously not going to be wearing a thong, and I did normally wear non thongs on my period. They are $19.99 for a single pair (I got the black version), I had ordered a 4 pack that is no longer listed on the site for $64, plus about $8 shipping.

bunching up
Right off the bat I wasn't that happy with them. Pulling them out of the box you can see a thick padding in the crotch. The padding also goes pretty far in the back which can be helpful to those that bleed in that direction, but I usually need more coverage in the front. When I put them on my disappointment continued- they are absolutely not low rise, and come up a lot higher than any of my underwear be it thongs, boyshorts, bikinis, etc (I'm wearing high waisted leggings in the picture with them). The padding in the back makes it look and feel like a diaper, and the padding in the front doesn't sit smooth on the crotch, but instead bunches up (see above pic for example). Its also slightly uncomfortable due to the mesh pad holder thing, and I find they can wiggle their way out of the crotch lining and kind of stick out between my thighs. I tried these with several pants and you could see the butt padding in all of them. I only wore these when I could wear a big shirt to cover my butt.

mesh pad holder thing
They do absorb enough though. Like I said my period is very light right now so I can't really say if they work well for normal to heavy periods, but they work for my flow without feeling damp or worrying I'll leak through. That being said all the other negatives don't really make it worth it for me to wear these during the day.

I've found that the only use I get out of these is wearing them at night. For that they're fine. But wearing them during the day is a no go. I definitely would not repurchase and I wish I had only gotten one pair instead of getting the three pack, but you live and learn. If you are interested in period panties I do have a review coming on another brand (spoiler: I like them much better than these!) so keep watching!

You Might Also Like

0 comments